PDA

View Full Version : Organizing "stuff" in your minivan

cara1
12-05-2011, 10:34 AM
How do you organize your stuff that isn't in the trunk? Things like snacks and trash, either in the first row or middle row.

daisymommy
12-05-2011, 10:49 AM
I have a small/medium size fabric tote bin (maybe 11x13"?) from Target, that sits on the floorboard in the front, passenger side, where I can easily reach it from the driver's seat. In it I keep:
tissues
hand sanitizer
wipes
lip balm, hair bands, lipstick
mints/gum
notebook & pen
magazine for reading in the school pick up line
couple small bags of snacks and a water bottle or two
...things like that.

I let my kids bring one toy, snack and sippy cup into the car with them, and when we get out, it all has to leave with them each and every time. I check, and don't open the front door till it's out--including the trash from their snack.

WatchingThemGrow
12-05-2011, 11:22 AM
snacks, drinks, some small errand stuff goes in a caddy similar to this (http://www.amazon.com/Rubbermaid-3154-88-All-Purpose-Carry-Caddy/dp/B00006ICOT/ref=pd_sim_hg_11) every day - and it is REALLY helpful since it only takes one hand and it can be preloaded in the kitchen. I usually put it in the 2nd row by the door so everyone's drinks can be easily passed out/gathered, and I can reach it from the front if necessary.

I use this Snapware plastic lidded container (http://www.snapware.com/products/rectangle-airtight-foodstorage-container-1098425) as a trashcan. I got it at the Corelle/Revereware outlet. It has a fliptop that can lock if needed, it can contain a lot, and drippy/sticky stuff can go in easily. It rests under/behind the center console tray in my Odyssey.

DietCokeLover
12-05-2011, 11:37 AM
I am going to be watching this closely. I just cleaned out my junkmobile this weekend and need to figure out a good way to travel in the van for 3 weeks without it becoming travel chaos. I need a good way to store snacks and toys and things like wipes, etc.