PDA

View Full Version : Booster with comfortable head rest

niccig
12-05-2011, 01:25 PM
DS is nearly 7 and will be out of the Como in DH's car sometime in the next year. I'm starting to think about the booster I'll replace it with. When I told DS this, he said he doesn't like the Parkway SG he has for longer rides, said the headrest isn't comfortable for sleeping. Is there another booster that is more cushiony and fine for longer drives? He wasn't happy about idea of being in the Parkway SG only. He said it's fine for short trips, but not long trips.

We don't often do long car rides, but DH is talking about doing more road trips. What do you do with bigger kids that can't be harnessed?

Last time I checked, DS was 45 lbs and 46" - but his jeans are shorter, so need to remeasure him.

HannaAddict
12-05-2011, 01:54 PM
My tall seven year old loves his Sunshine Kids Monterey. Great headrest and can adjust the width of the high back for comfort too. It has latch to keep it from moving around and converts to low back too.

niccig
12-06-2011, 03:10 AM
My tall seven year old loves his Sunshine Kids Monterey. Great headrest and can adjust the width of the high back for comfort too. It has latch to keep it from moving around and converts to low back too.

I've read the Monterey doesn't always work with slim kids - it depends on their torso height if shoulder belt fits them well. A friend has one, so I'll try DS in it. I think we can get another 6- 9 months out of the Como, so he'll be taller and heavier by then too.

Joolsplus2
12-06-2011, 08:40 AM
The new Montereys have better shoulderbelt guides, so it might be fine.

AnnieW625
12-06-2011, 02:39 PM
I've read the Monterey doesn't always work with slim kids - it depends on their torso height if shoulder belt fits them well. A friend has one, so I'll try DS in it. I think we can get another 6- 9 months out of the Como, so he'll be taller and heavier by then too.

The one friend IRL I know with a Monterey is similar in weight and age (he might be a little taller) to yor DS and he much prefers that seat to the Parkway. If I hadn't already shelled out money for the Frontier I woukd've bought the Monterey. The Frontier though is a great sleeping seat and right now that is the only reason we still have it for occaisional long car trips.