PDA

View Full Version : POLL: Preschool teacher gift

wellyes
12-05-2011, 01:30 PM
DD has 3 teachers in her classroom of 15 students.
3 hours, 3x per week.
If you were one of these teachers, would you rather get:

Penzeys Hot Chocolate set (http://www.penzeys.com/scstore/giftboxes/new/cocoaLovers.html) - cost $15
or
A $20 gift card (Target?)
or
Something else?

I am a fan of physical gifts -- even if they don't like the gift, they can pass it someone else, right? But I know many teachers prefer cash. So, letting the poll decide.

wellyes
12-05-2011, 01:50 PM
HA! Pretty one-sided so far :) This is why I ask.

AbbysMom
12-05-2011, 02:02 PM
Oops I voted neither by accident - meant to do the GC!

AnnieW625
12-05-2011, 02:05 PM
movie tickets

kerridean
12-05-2011, 02:30 PM
gift card....always always always go with a gift card.

vludmilla
12-05-2011, 02:37 PM
relatively generic gift certificate. MIL was a teacher and she was swamped with stuff she couldn't use and it was hard to even give it away. I wouldn't spend money on a gift that stands a good chance of not being used by the intended recipient.

Seitvonzu
12-05-2011, 03:33 PM
i voted for the hot chocolate... because-- wow totally cute :) and because we're on a real hot cocoa bender around here lately :) my child is a complete addict, basically any time we go outside she says "time to go inside and warm up-- HOT CHOCOLATE PARTY!"

maybe she needs this set :) (she is also OBSESSED with cinnamon) we're currently working our way through some fancy sets we picked up from a sale we discovered here.... but that can only last so long.

can i say ...i wish we had a penzeys nearby!

SnuggleBuggles
12-05-2011, 05:31 PM
One year I bought a hot chocolate set and broke it apart. The set was 5 different flavors of hot chocolate in single serving pouches (or something like that). We put that in a box with a few homemade cookies and a gift card. Ds helped with the cookies, the hot chocolate was cheap that way and I got them a g.c. too. Seemed good to me.

Beth

wellyes
12-05-2011, 05:41 PM
One year I bought a hot chocolate set and broke it apart. The set was 5 different flavors of hot chocolate in single serving pouches (or something like that). We put that in a box with a few homemade cookies and a gift card. Ds helped with the cookies, the hot chocolate was cheap that way and I got them a g.c. too. Seemed good to me.

Beth
I like that! But - the whole fun of the penzeys boxes is that they use cinammon and nutmeg and bay leaves instead of styrofoam packaging. You open your gift box and it smells like magic.

It's all a moot point, though, because someone just sent an email for a joint teacher gift - $20 per family. Cheaper than I meant to be, but I am glad someone is organizing the gift!

SnuggleBuggles
12-05-2011, 06:35 PM
Yeah, I saw that the hot cocoa set was different. It looks yummy!

The $20 contribution is a great option. That's what I am doing!

Beth

gobadgers
12-05-2011, 06:48 PM
I LOVE Penzeys and the Cocoa Set looks so yummy... but yeah, I voted gift certificate for teachers.