PDA

View Full Version : DH Work Party Gift Exchange Help

sunshine873
12-05-2011, 02:03 PM
DH's work Christmas party is a family party & I just found out that they're doing a gift exchange. For the kids, it needs to be a unisex gift, under $15.
For adults (I'll need 2 - one for DH to participate & one for me) it's a minimum of $15. I'm totally running blank...

Help?!?

curiousgeorge
12-05-2011, 02:27 PM
Adults: Reidel stemless wine glasses. By them at BBB and use a 20% off coupon. Unless people would be offended by an alcohol-related gift I find they are well-received and easy to regift if not the style of the receiver.

Kids: art supplies: washable markers, crayons, paper, etc. include a gift reciept if you can and that way the receipent can exchange them if they aren't quite age appropriate.

sunshine873
12-05-2011, 04:17 PM
Art supplies is great - because it will cover a broad age-range.

I personally would like to receive the wine glasses, but these people are all 40+, well-established. I would venture to guess they all have sets of glassware...

crl
12-05-2011, 04:46 PM
For adults

lottery tickets

Red scarf

Fancy olive oil

Spices or bbbq rubs

Gc to nearby coffee shop

Catherine

TwinFoxes
12-05-2011, 04:53 PM
Adults: GC to local movie theatre chain. Of course $15 won't get you far at most theatres, but it's a start. :)

Do you have to participate? I'd just have the spouse who works there contribute. But I'm against faux togetherness among coworkers.

mom_of_gia
12-05-2011, 04:58 PM
For adults -
Starbucks has a great tea sampler for $20. It's boxed and includes six cute tins.
Today I also bought a coffee sampler there for $9.99, but it was on sale from $14.99
picture frame
wind chimes
bird feeder
leatherman
travel coffee cup

For kids -
I agree that you can't go wrong with basic art supplies
My "go to" gift this year is steppers. They're like upside down cups with long string handles attached. They've been a big hit for kids from age 4-14. Even the adults always want to try them. I get them for $9.99 at my local Learning Express store.

I've never been in a gift exchange that has a minimum spending amount. Here in FL it's always a maximum spending limit. Hopefully all the participants will stay in the same spending range.

SnuggleBuggles
12-05-2011, 05:25 PM
I am going to a gift swap and am taking a $10 box of candy from Trader Joe's and a $5 Starbucks' gift card. For adults, obviously.

Beth