PDA

View Full Version : Recommend your compact vacuum - want to spend < $100

CharlotteMommy
12-05-2011, 03:11 PM
I have a cleaner that comes to my house every two weeks, and she brings her own vacuum when she cleans. Due to pets and kids, my carpets really needs to be vacuumed more than twice a month. So, I am looking for an effective vacuum that I can use in between cleanings that won't break the bank.

My ideal vacuum is / contains:
compact
lightweight (under 15 lbs)
good suction to pick up pet hair
HEPA filter
additional tools like stretch hose, etc.
easy to clean

Does this vacuum exist for less than $100? TIA!!

ha98ed14
12-05-2011, 03:22 PM
I hate to tell you this, but good vacuums are $$$. It's another reason to have wood (real or fake) IMO. You can go top-of-the-line and get a Miele (sp?) or find another brand. I went with Riccar. Works great; made is USA, but not as pricey because the name is relatively unknown. Especially with pet hair, your vac will take a beating. If you don't mind replacing every year/two years, then I think you could go with a Eureka or maybe a Kenmore. JME.

hellokitty
12-05-2011, 03:31 PM
The shark navigator (we have it and love it), fits your list, BUT it is maybe about $30 over your budget. I don't know how firm you are on sticking to that price. However, we are very happy with our shark and use it as our main vacuum cleaner. It works better than the expensive $300 ones we used to have.