PDA

View Full Version : Sad..giving away a seat

niccig
12-05-2011, 03:37 PM
We no longer use the Safeguard seat that was DS's primary seat in my car. It's been unused in the garage for a few months. I contacted a tech from car-seat.org that lives near me, asking if she knew of anyone that needed a seat. She does, and I'm dropping the Safeguard off to her today.

I'm sad that I'll no longer have it. It's a fabulous seat, definitely a rolls royce of seats. I got it on super discount, my best bargain ever. It's a waste to keep it and not use it, it's got 2 years of life left on it. And it sounds like the family that will get it, really needs a bigger seat for their child and can't afford one. It's the right thing to do.

Thought posters here would understand better than DH why I'm sad to see it go. :heartbeat: that seat.

Joolsplus2
12-06-2011, 08:49 AM
:hug: I hear you, it's so hard to give up a much-beloved seat. Though it's easier to do it now, when it's going to someone who will love/need it, rather than let it expire in the closet (at least, I think so, that's what I do with most of mine, it's horrible when they expire, then I have to throw them away...much better to hand them down...one of my Huskies even protected a kid in a crash, that was kind of cool--except for the crash part, everyone in the car was fine, though).