PDA

View Full Version : If You Spend Xmas Out of Town, How Does Santa Come To Your House

Kindra178
12-05-2011, 04:12 PM
We are heading to the East Coast For Christmas. How does Santa come, logistically? I am sending a few things to NJ ahead of time, but the bulk of the presents will be opened when we return. Should I say that Santa left everything in the garage and then bring the gifts in that way? I know I won't have time to throw everything under the tree before we leave, especially unnoticed.

ellies mom
12-05-2011, 04:16 PM
Do you have a friend who could drop by and put things under the tree for you while you are gone?

Or could the Santa presents come with you to NJ (because of course Santa will know where to find the kids) and the presents at the house could be from you guys?

willow33
12-05-2011, 04:21 PM
We were away last year. We got everyone into the car to head to the airport and DH said he forgot something and ran back inside and put gifts under the tree. It only took about 5 minutes and the kids never thought anything of it. It's tough being away!

pinkmomagain
12-05-2011, 04:25 PM
We were away last year. We got everyone into the car to head to the airport and DH said he forgot something and ran back inside and put gifts under the tree. It only took about 5 minutes and the kids never thought anything of it. It's tough being away!

This. We do this in reverse. We have a vacation home and Santa makes a pit stop there. My dh runs in ahead of us with luggage containing gifts (as we are unloading ourselves out of the car) and when the kids come in they see what Santa's left.

egoldber
12-05-2011, 05:05 PM
Santa comes to our hotel room when we travel over the holidays.

rlu
12-05-2011, 05:19 PM
Background - Santa brings one big gift and fills stockings.

Santa only comes to our house for the "big" gift but he fills stockings where-ever we might be. This works especially well when the big gift is a bike.

eta: pp have great suggestions, hope one works for you.

YouAreTheFocus
12-05-2011, 06:35 PM
When I was little, Santa always knew where to find me. He would leave my gifts at my grandparent's house, since he knew I'd be there :)

We will always travel to my Mom's for Xmas, so I plan to tell my son the same thing. He's only just 2 this year, so we haven't had any explaining to do yet.

For any big gift (like KidKraft kitchen this year) we'll probably say Santa dropped that one at home b/c he knew we couldn't bring it on the plane!

Globetrotter
12-05-2011, 08:47 PM
We have always loaded the kids in the car (buckled in) and I go back to get something I "forgot," quickly putting it out. however, they usually get one or two things from Santa so this is not a big deal. It would be ready to go beforehand and hidden in a closet or something.

kboyle
12-05-2011, 08:51 PM
when we went to the Philippines last xmas Santa didn't visit us, but he did come to our house and when we got home i had MIL turn on all our lights and have all the gifts under the tree :)

Kindra178
12-05-2011, 10:32 PM

We have always loaded the kids in the car (buckled in) and I go back to get something I "forgot," quickly putting it out. however, they usually get one or two things from Santa so this is not a big deal. It would be ready to go beforehand and hidden in a closet or something.

I guess we are going to do this. Seems so hectic! I would love to send everything to NJ but sending everything back is way too expensive and time consuming. All that said, we always end up sending a box or two back.

hannah
12-05-2011, 10:57 PM

This is what we usually do. This year though I leave with the kids a few days before DH so DH can put out the santa loot before he leaves. We told Santa to leave our presents here in CO instead of visiting Grandma's house in MA.