PDA

View Full Version : Do You Size Up for Winter Boots?

eno0609
12-05-2011, 05:16 PM
I need to get new winter boots for DD & DS...thinking going with Kamik's since they're on sale right now plus an extra 20% of today and tomorrow on sears.ca I'm wondering if I should order one size up (I don't really remember what we've done before). If they were in between sizes I would, but neither of them are.

Do you size up or does it depend on the brand? We've never tried Kamik, does anyone have experience with this brand? I can't really find many reviews for it (except for one on Zappos that says that they did size up).

pastrygirl
12-05-2011, 05:39 PM
For Kamiks, I've had to go up TWO sizes.

eno0609
12-05-2011, 05:46 PM
Wow- two sizes! thanks for the info. (btw-my DD is born on the same day as your DS:)

LMPC
12-05-2011, 10:37 PM
Yeah, ITA Kamiks run really small!

mecawa
12-06-2011, 12:41 PM
Kamiks are great, our favorite winter boots. They are a full size to size and a half smaller than other shoes/brands though. Like I know when DD1 was wearing size 10 or 10.5 stride rites we had to buy size 12 Kamiks.

roseyloxs
12-06-2011, 12:45 PM
I've only bought Kamik rain boots but I was always able to size up with success. They stay on despite being too large and ds didn't grow out of them for almost 2 years.

kevinsmama
12-06-2011, 12:55 PM
I bought DS1 a pair of Kamik snow boots (Rocket?) for 50% off the other day and I bought 2 sizes up after reading on various sites that this brand runs small (DS1 currently wears size 9 in Tsukihoshi but I bought him 11 in Kamik). I had him try them on the other day with regular socks and they seemed to fit OK (looked big on him but not so big that they wouldn't stay on his feet)--given that he'll be wearing Smartwool socks (they're pretty thick) on snow days, I think going up 2 sizes was a good decision.

Minnifer
12-07-2011, 11:44 AM
Crap - I bought a pair of Kamiks on sale from Nordies a week or so ago but didn't know this so didn't size up - now of course they're oos. DD is almost in an 11 so I bought that. I tried them on but with only thin socks and they seemed ok so now I wonder if I should keep them or not. The site is OOS in 12 but has 13 but that seems so big! Don't know what to do...

pastrygirl
12-07-2011, 01:02 PM
Crap - I bought a pair of Kamiks on sale from Nordies a week or so ago but didn't know this so didn't size up - now of course they're oos. DD is almost in an 11 so I bought that. I tried them on but with only thin socks and they seemed ok so now I wonder if I should keep them or not. The site is OOS in 12 but has 13 but that seems so big! Don't know what to do...Does it have the removable insert? If so, I'd take that out and try it on her feet. If it fits then the boot is fine. I find it really hard to tell inside the boot itself, since it's so stiff.

Kindra178
12-07-2011, 05:09 PM
I have only sized up once in Kamiks or none at all. This will be our third winter using them. DS2 will be wearing the same ones he wore last year, so for him we sized up one size only. I literally ordered him three sizes last year and for him, the issue was width. We got him a 9w last year (and he wears a 9 in Keen now). He couldn't get his foot in the regular 9, he told me the 8 was too tight and the 10 was huge. Walkability is important for us because we walk to school.