PDA

View Full Version : Ran out of dog food, cant go to store. what to do?

mariza
12-05-2011, 10:54 PM
It's been a crazy few days, asked DH to get dog food while he was watching football yesterday around the corner from Petsmart, yet he didn't get there before closing.
Due to a crazy series of events I wasn't able to get to Petsmart myself today. Stopped at my vets office but they don't carry her brand. (kicking self for not just buying something!)

Texted DH to stop on his way home but he is still at work. Poor dog is starving! To make matters worse, I don't have much people food in The house either. I have some cooked white rice in the fridge and I've read about boiling chicken to add to it. Will This be ok till tomorrow? She usually get Blue Buffalo and has a pretty sensative stomach. I can't believe I Iet her run out complety :(
(plz excuse crazy typos!)

chozen
12-05-2011, 10:57 PM
It's been a crazy few days, asked DH to get dog food while he was watching football yesterday around the corner from Petsmart, yet he didn't get there before closing.
Due to a crazy series of events I wasn't able to get to Petsmart myself today. Stopped at my vets office but they don't carry her brand. (kicking self for not just buying something!)

Texted DH to stop on his way home but he is still at work. Poor dog is starving! To make matters worse, I don't have much people food in The house either. I have some cooked white rice in the fridge and I've read about boiling chicken to add to it. Will This be ok till tomorrow? She usually get Blue Buffalo and has a pretty sensative stomach. I can't believe I Iet her run out complety :(
(plz excuse crazy typos!)

my mom feeds her dog cooked chicken every day and i think the rice would be ok to, alot of dog foods have rice in them.

MommyAllison
12-05-2011, 10:59 PM
Yes, rice and plain chicken are fine and should be very gentle on her stomach.

scrooks
12-05-2011, 11:03 PM
Our dog loves scrambled eggs. She eats them for breakfast on the weekends just like the rest of the family.

TwinFoxes
12-05-2011, 11:19 PM
Boiled chicken and rice is what our vet told us to give our dog when he was having tummy problems.

cvanbrunt
12-05-2011, 11:19 PM
Rice and scrambled eggs is what a vet recommended to me when Barnum had an upset stomach. Chicken and rice would be a treat for most dogs!

amldaley
12-05-2011, 11:20 PM
Yep - rice and chicken is the go-to. You can also feed canned pumpkin, NOT pumpkin pie filling but just canned pumpkin. Or a can of salmon. And canned green beans, too.

JoyNChrist
12-05-2011, 11:27 PM
Yep - rice and chicken is the go-to. You can also feed canned pumpkin, NOT pumpkin pie filling but just canned pumpkin. Or a can of salmon. And canned green beans, too.

Yep, when our Dane has an upset tummy, we mix canned pumpkin with his food and it really seems to help.

mariza
12-05-2011, 11:32 PM

I'm sure my family would LOVE it if I had any of those things right now ;) since we all had Strep over Thanksgiving I froze 1/2 of our TG dinner and we have literally been eating leftovers since. Then I had the brilliant idea to not get groceries until I get a chance to clean the fridge! That might happen tomorrow. Dog is lucky because I happened to defrost some chicken for DH's dinner but since he is still at work (and it's really his fault we ran out of dog food) she gets to eat his dinner!

twowhat?
12-05-2011, 11:44 PM
For dinner a couple of nights this week, the dogs ate turkey meat/cartilage pulled off the bones from making stock:)

Chicken and rice is fine! It'll definitely be a treat for your dog!

JBaxter
12-05-2011, 11:48 PM
Um what ever you got left over meat wise in the fridge.

amldaley
12-06-2011, 09:36 AM
I'm sure my family would LOVE it if I had any of those things right now ;) since we all had Strep over Thanksgiving I froze 1/2 of our TG dinner and we have literally been eating leftovers since. Then I had the brilliant idea to not get groceries until I get a chance to clean the fridge! That might happen tomorrow. Dog is lucky because I happened to defrost some chicken for DH's dinner but since he is still at work (and it's really his fault we ran out of dog food) she gets to eat his dinner!

lol...Your poor DH! Well, that'll teach him, won't it! ;) Hope your pooch enjoyed her special dinner!

trcy
12-07-2011, 03:33 PM
Yes, rice and plain chicken are fine and should be very gentle on her stomach.:yeahthat:

mackmama
12-07-2011, 04:52 PM
Cooked chicken, white rice, cottage cheese

lhafer
12-07-2011, 05:25 PM
Cooked chicken, white rice, cottage cheese

:yeahthat:

and regular plain yogurt.