PDA

View Full Version : SleePing options while away

soontobe
12-05-2011, 11:07 PM
So my dh hates putting things together even pack and plays! We r planning to go away for 3 niights at the end of December to either family(who doesn't have cribs) or hotel. I have a 3 yr old still in a crib and a 4 mOnth old obviously still in a crib

What are our best sleeping Options?!?!?!?

hoodlims
12-05-2011, 11:17 PM
I think you are going to have to put up the PnP for DH. Your 3 year old can sleep on the floor in a sleeping bag.

soontobe
12-06-2011, 01:50 PM
any other ideas? plz!!!!

Pilotbaby
12-06-2011, 01:53 PM
If you don't mind buying new gear, the BabyBjorn travel crib is supposed to have about a 90 second set up so it would be an easy option to travel with.

hillview
12-06-2011, 02:04 PM
IME you will likely end up with both kids in your bed. We get 2 full size beds. Alternatives. Aerobed for the 3 year old could work. A PNP for the baby.

urquie
12-06-2011, 02:30 PM
in a pinch you could put baby in a padded drawer or laundry basket... Assuming she's not doing a lot of rolling. :). Then 3yr old can have the pack n play. It's not hard to put up, just a bother. If you are worried, practise a few times before hand and it will go smoothly.

ahisma
12-06-2011, 02:55 PM
in a pinch you could put baby in a padded drawer or laundry basket... Assuming she's not doing a lot of rolling. :). Then 3yr old can have the pack n play. It's not hard to put up, just a bother. If you are worried, practise a few times before hand and it will go smoothly.

Ditto. Really, they're not difficult to put up. My 13yo did it last time we travelled, she was 12 then and isn't mechanically inclined at all. She can barely ride a bike (seriously!) but had no problem with the PNP.

Some hotels have cribs that they will set up. The cleaning of them is questionable but it's an option.

Honestly, if my DH wouldn't put up the PNP I'd just do it myself. I do about half of the time anyway, it's just not a big deal. Is there some concern other than setting it up?

edurnemk
12-06-2011, 03:00 PM
We have the Kidco Peapod Plus for DS, super easy set up, it has worked very well for DS, we got it when he was 2 yo. (Get the Plus, the regular is too small for a 3 yo)

For the next baby I'm definitely getting the Baby Bjorn travel crib, since I think the Peapod is ok for a toddler or preschooler but not a small baby.