PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one not getting an IPAD for Christmas? :)

Globetrotter
12-05-2011, 11:53 PM
Judging from the posts, it seems to be the hot gift item this year! Wow..

lilycat88
12-05-2011, 11:56 PM
not me.
Apparently, I keep my head buried in the sand 'cause I don't really have any desire for one.

WatchingThemGrow
12-05-2011, 11:57 PM
I'm not. I'm hoping everyone will chip in and pay for my ski trip with the girls! :jammin: No iPad, no LeapPad.

crayonblue
12-05-2011, 11:58 PM
Not me either. Technically I am getting living room furniture since we ordered a set and hope it will be delivered by Christmas!

JustMe
12-05-2011, 11:58 PM
Not getting one either. I normally don't like the latest technology/gadget, but I have to admit I would love one of these!

momof2girls
12-06-2011, 12:07 AM
not me.
Apparently, I keep my head buried in the sand 'cause I don't really have any desire for one.

:yeahthat:

Twin Mom
12-06-2011, 12:08 AM
I thought I wanted one but I was visiting my parents over T-giving and used theirs a bit and realized that I really don't like typing on it. Not sure it would really be worth it since I spend a lot of time on email and here. :wink2:

ett
12-06-2011, 12:10 AM
No iPad here either. :)

Kymberley
12-06-2011, 12:15 AM
Nope! I'd love to have one some day, but that's just a big chunk of change that we don't have right now.

KrisM
12-06-2011, 12:34 AM
Not anyone here. We don't have iphones or ipods, either :). We have laptops and I can't think of what I'd need an ipad for.

m448
12-06-2011, 12:38 AM
Nah and I have an aversion to apple products. DH did almost buy me a tablet (an asus transformer) but since I'm looking to cut down on the time I'm online I told him I appreciated the thought but it wouldn't be a good idea. So I told him to get it for him and he's as happy as a clam with his christmas present. It's super cool but my droid serves my purposes better and now I'm not even jealous of Siri since I discovered Vlingo.

JElaineB
12-06-2011, 12:52 AM
No, I'm still happy with my iPod touch from last Christmas. I did ask for a Kindle touch this year though.

BayGirl2
12-06-2011, 02:17 AM
Judging from the posts, it seems to be the hot gift item this year! Wow..

You are correct - according to Tech Now it is the most wanted present this year.

DH wants one, I already have one, but I bought it myself. (LOVE IT) Still debating whether I want to/can spend that much on him right now. He does deserve it though.

mum-to-be
12-06-2011, 03:18 AM
DH always complains that I don't give him any hints about what I would like, so I told him I want an iPad. That was a month ago. And I had it in my head that he would get it for me, since it was so easy, he loves buying technology, and he could get one using points. Now it turns out he doesn't think it is a good use of points or money and wants to bait and switch and get me some iPad imposter. It's annoying me because I started planning for my iPad. I had this idea that I could watch tv shows on it while on the elliptical at the gym. I could justify having an iPad if it allowed me to multi-task. Every time I have been on the elliptical lately I have been thinking how great it will be.

BayGirl2
12-06-2011, 03:24 AM
DH always complains that I don't give him any hints about what I would like, so I told him I want an iPad. That was a month ago. And I had it in my head that he would get it for me, since it was so easy, he loves buying technology, and he could get one using points. Now it turns out he doesn't think it is a good use of points or money and wants to bait and switch and get me some iPad imposter. It's annoying me because I started planning for my iPad. I had this idea that I could watch tv shows on it while on the elliptical at the gym. I could justify having an iPad if it allowed me to multi-task. Every time I have been on the elliptical lately I have been thinking how great it will be.

:thumbsdown: That sucks. You totally could watch tv on it. I do that while I fold laundry. But I have to admit, I have been considering a kindle Fire imposter for DH, not knowing if he even wanted any new tech. Now he says he wants an iPas so I know I can't substitute.

Nooknookmom
12-06-2011, 04:05 AM
Nah and I have an aversion to apple products. DH did almost buy me a tablet (an asus transformer) but since I'm looking to cut down on the time I'm online I told him I appreciated the thought but it wouldn't be a good idea. So I told him to get it for him and he's as happy as a clam with his christmas present. It's super cool but my droid serves my purposes better and now I'm not even jealous of Siri since I discovered Vlingo.

DH got me a transformer back in July for our 20 yr anniversary. I have a love/hate relationship with it. I got it to serve as my "laptop" since I didn't have one and the Trans has USB port (s) and a mini sd reader.

That said, I so miss I tunes and the ease of their apps. However, I just couldn't justify a $600 toy.

My thinking was that I could use this to type estimates from my bed and do other business on it. IF only it didn't force close and not type when I want it to and the mousepad is too sensitive and..........

If that darn Ipad had a USB port and a attachable/portable keyboard!!!!!!!

citymama
12-06-2011, 04:06 AM
Umm, no iPad happening here - although I won't deny coveting one. :p

essnce629
12-06-2011, 04:52 AM
No iPad for me, but I don't want one. DBF has one and the only time I ever use it is on road trips. I type too much, which is really annoying on the iPad. I am getting a Kindle Keyboard though and I'm happy about that!

The one thing I really want though is an inversion table!

pinkmomagain
12-06-2011, 07:40 AM
Nope not me. My Dh is the only in the house who has one. I have a laptop and and iphone. No need for anything more. My kids all share one laptop and the oldest has an iphone and the two younger ones have itouches. They don't have the need for it either.

MoJo
12-06-2011, 07:47 AM
Not me either; I could easily list 50 things I want more.

But the person I spend the most time with outside my family is getting them for everyone from the grandparents to the three year old.

klwa
12-06-2011, 07:50 AM
Not me either. But, I've been thinking about dropping hints for a Kindle. Maybe even a Kindle Fire. But, probably not getting it.

maestramommy
12-06-2011, 07:58 AM
No, you're not the only one. :loveeyes:

I get what you mean though. Seems like they're everywhere!

zoestargrove
12-06-2011, 08:57 AM
not me either.

SnuggleBuggles
12-06-2011, 08:58 AM
Not here and no plans to get one. Our holiday budget is lower for the whole family than one of those cost.

Beth

m448
12-06-2011, 09:04 AM
DH got me a transformer back in July for our 20 yr anniversary. I have a love/hate relationship with it. I got it to serve as my "laptop" since I didn't have one and the Trans has USB port (s) and a mini sd reader.

That said, I so miss I tunes and the ease of their apps. However, I just couldn't justify a $600 toy.

My thinking was that I could use this to type estimates from my bed and do other business on it. IF only it didn't force close and not type when I want it to and the mousepad is too sensitive and..........

Have you contacted asus? There was a known issue with the docking station that is being fixed for the docking stations purchased earlier in the year via rma. It addresses battery life and the force closing you mentioned. The docking stations being sold in stored should have latest fix.

egoldber
12-06-2011, 09:10 AM
No, none of us has one. DH covets one ;) but has decided he would rather wait for the iPad 3.

I think it would be cool, but IMO it's too large for a thing I want to carry around and I have a computer at home, so why would I need one there?

lhafer
12-06-2011, 09:13 AM
Not here. But I already have the original. It gets used by everyone and we enjoy it.

I personally am wanting a 10" sliding miter saw for my little wood shop!! :D

wendibird22
12-06-2011, 09:31 AM
Not getting one. DH and I gave each other iphones as early presents.

amldaley
12-06-2011, 09:33 AM
I THINK I am getting one, however...

...I did not ask for one.
...I don't really want one.
...and if I am getting one, it is a first gen iPad, not an iPad2. DH has a good friend at Apple and I think their employees get deals on older models but not current models.
...I am only allowing DH to give it to me b/c he REALLY wants to and he has actually thought this out and thinks it is a good present. I REALLY want a pressure cooker and some hot rollers! But I can't burst his bubble right now.

Melaine
12-06-2011, 09:34 AM
I admit I have one already, but my gifts will be very low-key this year so I'm not getting anything remotely on par with an ipad as a gift.

elliput
12-06-2011, 09:42 AM
As much as my DH would love to have one, no, we are not getting one. Totally unnecessary. We both have too many internet capable devices as is between the laptops/netbooks, iPhones, NookColors, and Kindle Fire (the purchase of which still burns my butt). And how can I forget the practically barely used super duper gaming computer that DH had to have and has not touched in over a year because he is using a laptop instead. :irked:

artvandalay
12-06-2011, 09:47 AM
and Kindle Fire (the purchase of which still burns my butt).:irked:

Oh bummer, why don't you like it?

Neither DH or I want an Ipad, just don't need one... altho if one fell into my lap I wouldn't turn it away.

g-mama
12-06-2011, 10:22 AM
Nope. I'm not getting one either. I don't really want one either.

I have a laptop and an iPhone. I bet I don't use 95% of the capabilities of my iPhone. I don't use any apps, play any games, listen to music....really I just talk on it, text on it, and check e-mails on it.

Ceepa
12-06-2011, 10:25 AM
Not getting one, but I'm the oddball who isn't interested in one. It also seems huge to me.

Globetrotter
12-06-2011, 05:24 PM
Good to know I'm not alone :) I will be curious to know how many of these were sold during this season! Looks like Apple hit another home run with this one.

I won't buy one (we are always the last ones on the block to buy anything, other than kid stuff of course, which is an entirely different story :p), but if someone wants to give me one, they are most welcome to do so :wink2:

boilermakermom
12-06-2011, 05:33 PM
Not me either. Boo.

AnnieW625
12-06-2011, 05:43 PM
No iPad for us either. I requested a mommy necklace, an Otterbox cover for my phone, and a Bose. I am getting the interior of my house painted after the first of the year and I can't wait!

No Leap Pad for DD1 either. At first I thought it would be fun, but now that the display beeps at me everytime I walk down the toy aisle at Target it is really not that cool. Naybe it is a blessing that we can't find one:)

BayGirl2
12-06-2011, 05:51 PM

You know it has bluetooth so you can use any bluetooth keyboard with it. No USB, but with the camera kit you can use an SD card with it. But with Dropbox its easy to transfer files in the cloud anyway. I've never missed a USB, actually.

eh613c
12-06-2011, 08:34 PM
Not getting one too! DH just got my engagement ring reset and it's FAB (cost $$$$ too)!! Needless to say, I won't be getting a Christmas gift, Valentines gift, Mother's Day gift, birthday, anniversary....etc for the next couple of years. But I'm ok with that!

mom_hanna
12-06-2011, 09:17 PM
Nope. No iPads, iPhones (or any sort of droid/smartphone), iTouch, kindle, or iPods here. We don't have the budget for them. We have laptops and phones that are capable of talking and texting and that's it! Not that I wouldn't enjoy having any one of the aforementioned things, but not in the cards for us.

michlyn
12-06-2011, 10:16 PM
Me neither. I don't even own a smart phone. I just got text messaging on my basic phone last year..

Simon
12-06-2011, 11:02 PM
Nope and not really interested. I think I might get some oven mitts, though.

vludmilla
12-06-2011, 11:15 PM
No iPads here. I really don't care about having an iPad.

larig
12-07-2011, 12:43 AM
I'm not. Dh will get an iPad 3 when the come out early next year, though. We'll likely give his iPad 2 to my parents--they got iPhones this summer, and I think my mom's hooked.