PDA

View Full Version : What present to get for children who never clean up?

swissair81
12-06-2011, 10:35 AM
After reminding my kids nicely that I was going to confiscate all their toys if they don't clean up, I cleaned my basement with a box of garbage bags. I left out a few FP toys, a box of duplos, play food, their doll strollers, and some ride ons. They also have an Alex Puppet theater and an art table down there. I'm not in the mood to buy them anything with little pieces. I've considered getting them a new ride on to share or some puppets for their theater. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

oneplustwo
12-06-2011, 10:44 AM
When I read the subject line I was thinking you were asking about mini brooms & dust pans or other cleaning tools for gifts. Still think that might not be a bad idea. :tongue5:

Folkmanis makes awesome puppets of all kinds and sizes; they make great gifts.

TwoBees
12-06-2011, 10:48 AM
When I read the subject line I was thinking you were asking about mini brooms & dust pans or other cleaning tools for gifts. Still think that might not be a bad idea. :tongue5:

:yeahthat: :tongue5:

swissair81
12-06-2011, 11:11 AM
That's a good idea, but I can't do that. My daughter uses brooms as a weapon to hit her brother with. They had some and I needed to take them away.

SnuggleBuggles
12-06-2011, 11:14 AM
Not the same lines of what you are looking for, but what about that play mat/ sack thing that was posted a bit ago. You just lay it out, the kids play on it, and when done it's like a drawstring sack you lift up and put away.

Beth

ahisma
12-06-2011, 11:15 AM
A fort, teepee or playhouse maybe?

Remo Gathering drum?

Wheely bugs?

These involve pieces, but not a pain to clean up and very open-ended: http://www.etsy.com/shop/manzanitakids?section_id=10266073

Dream
12-06-2011, 11:20 AM
I have the same problem. DD always refuse to clean up, specially the box of Duplos. Just yesterday I told her I'm going to take the Duplos away if she doesn't put them back in the box. Didn't work.

pastrygirl
12-06-2011, 01:27 PM
I got active things, like a hopscotch rug, some "river stones" where they can make a path and jump from one to another, a balance board, and Just Dance for the Wii. I've had it with putting toys away! I also asked my MIL to keep the # of parts to a minimum. She visits often and sees how the disaster area grows in the blink of an eye!

ETA: I put the Duplo blocks away for donating. I'm tired of them.

sste
12-06-2011, 02:34 PM
I have been focusing on things that disappear or at least don't wind up on the floor. Boxed craft kits, gingerbread houses (I know you are jewish . . . not sure your feeling about gingerbread houses as religious versus seasonal), other cooking kits or projects, personalized or other artwork that goes on the wall, etc.

We are struggling with the same thing (with only 2 kids) and it is one of the reasons I am trying to limit holiday gifts this year. It is becoming counterproductive. My kids most want to play with me and dh and we are busy endlessly cleaning, sorting, and repairing their toys.

wellyes
12-06-2011, 02:41 PM
Trampoline!

crl
12-06-2011, 03:21 PM
Memberships to things
Lessons
Dinner/movie out with mom and/or dad

Catherine