PDA

View Full Version : Anyone had/ been to a NYE party for kids?

ourbabygirl
12-06-2011, 12:20 PM
I'd like to host one this year, starting around 4 p.m. and going until about 7 or 8 p.m., when we'll do a fake countdown to midnight (kids are about 3 and under, so they shouldn't mind the discrepancy). :)
Other than getting party hats and noisemakers (maybe some confetti, too), do you have other ideas for fun things to do? I picked up some wintery tattoos (penguins, polar bears, snowflakes, etc.) at Michael's yesterday... just wondering if there are any great New Year's activities the kids could do.
We're in a snowy climate, but I'm not sure if the weather will cooperate for us to be out playing in the snow (plus many of us have 1 year olds, who won't last long outside).

Thanks for your ideas! :thumbsup:

ahisma
12-06-2011, 12:29 PM
We host a family friendly NYE party every year. It starts at 5 and ends whenever, usually around 9pm for bedtimes.

We do a table of food with bowls of party favors down the middle. Each bowl represents a resolution and we make cute signs for them. Here's some examples:

Toy watches: "I resolve to be on time."
Fake tattoos: "I resolve to be creative."
Stretchy guys: "I resolve to be flexible."
Toy mazes: "I resolve to use my mind."
Toy bracelets: "I resolve to accessorize"
Mini notebooks: "I resolve to make lists."

I hit the novelty store the day or two before the party and get a variety of stuff, some repeat every year, some are new. The kids have a blast playing with the stuff, get a bag to take stuff home at the end of the night. We don't really structure it and haven't needed to, it's been a blast every year!

artvandalay
12-06-2011, 12:36 PM
Don't forget white sparkling grape juice, and plastic champagne glasses!

hellokitty
12-06-2011, 01:41 PM
We've been to a kid friendly one before and it was fun. We've been invited to a different one this yr, but I'm debating whether to go or not, since it doesn't start until 7pm and that is usually DS3's bedtime.