PDA

View Full Version : Playskool Weebles and FP Little People sets?

Tammy
12-06-2011, 12:33 PM
Do you recommend either of these? DD2 is turning one soon and thinking ahead to toy possibilities. Do your DC's play with these?

HonoluluMom
12-06-2011, 01:51 PM
DD has the Little People Farm and Weebles Treehouse. She got both when she was about 1.5 years old. The Little People Farm gets a lot more play. She mainly likes playing with the little people (farmer and animals).

http://www.amazon.com/Fisher-Price-Little-People-Animal-Sounds/dp/B000EQGT00

http://www.amazon.com/Playskool-18046-Weebles-Treehouse-Playset/dp/B003CRCQLO/ref=sr_1_1?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1323193723&sr=1-1

acmom
12-07-2011, 07:51 AM
Little People get a LOT of play in our house- daily play from both 18 month old and 3 year old. They both started playing with them at about 1. We have tons of sets (some seasonal) and vehicles. The house, bus, farm, garage, castle and zoo have all been big hits.

At that age I would go with either the house or the farm for a set. As far as vehicles, the bus was an early favorite too.

If you are looking at lots of sets/vehicles, check the age range- some of the newer ones are geared towards slightly older toddlers and their people actually bend in half to sit down - they are fun, but a little challenging for 1 year olds because they don't go into the "seats" quite as easily.

We don't have any weebles so I can't comment on them. They look cute- fairly similar to Little People so not sure I would get both. We stuck with Little People because then all the sets/people were compatible- my 3 year old now sets it all up like a town.

Mommaof3
12-07-2011, 02:25 PM
The farm and dollhouse were huge hits in our house with DD's and the bus is still played with by DS.

katydid1971
12-07-2011, 03:04 PM
I have like 4 or 5 different sets of little people scattered around my living room floor right now becuase DD has some very elaborate thing happening with them ;) DD always has them talking to each other and doing things. She had the grandma and grandpa talking on the phone with Bethie "Not me, a different Bethie." I like little people better, they are easier to find and seem to have many more options/sets. The little house set gets played with the most.
ETA: An older version of this set http://www.fisher-price.com/fp.aspx?st=900002&e=storeproduct&pid=57371&section=tod_lp_toys

mommyp
12-07-2011, 03:34 PM
DD loves Little People, she got her first set (the farm) at about 1 year and still plays with them. The school bus and zoo train get a lot of play here.

Simon
12-07-2011, 10:13 PM
We have Weebles tree house w/furniture and a fishing boat. They get some play but not a ton. I think Ds2 (now 22mo) does not like the Weeble people as much as he likes people who will at least bend in half (like slightly larger action figures or the Duplo/Lego people).

ETA: Our weeble treehouse is bigger and more houselike than the one you linked to, maybe it is an older version. I still would hesitate to reccomend it. Then again, we also gave away all our Little People stuff (6-7 vehicles and people) after Ds1 turned 5yo. He never played with any of it. I only mildly regret that because I think Ds2 might have liked it. Not enough that I'm going to buy that stuff again though.