PDA

View Full Version : Sending letter to Santa (and getting a response)

HonoluluMom
12-06-2011, 01:16 PM
This is the first year DD is writing a letter to Santa. I'd like her to get some kind of response (yes, I know I can write a letter back to her, but thought it'd be a nice surprise for both of us if we got something from Santa).

We wrote a letter yesterday, but I told DD that I need to look up Santa's address. Of course, I have no clue what to do. I checked the web and there were just too many suggested addresses.

Can someone please tell me what Santa's address is, and whether DD will get a response?

Thanks!

JTsMom
12-06-2011, 01:29 PM
I don't know if there is a standard address, but last year, we put Santa Claus North Pole or something, and actually got a response- I was shocked! I think it was some type of local program, but I'd never heard of that happening.

pomegranate
12-06-2011, 01:59 PM
There's a special Santa Claus/North Pole mailbox in our downtown, where the local museum has volunteers that write back. It's really cute. Check around your town.

Alternatively, a co-worker of mine has two nephews who live on the other coast. Their mom sends their letters to her and she pretends to be Santa and writes a letter back.

moosemama
12-06-2011, 11:38 PM
Canada Post answers letters written to Santa by children around the world (more than 1 million letters a year - wow!). You can email instead if you'd prefer.
http://www.canadapost.ca/dec/santa/writesanta/default-e.asp

kijip
12-06-2011, 11:55 PM
My mom used to be the person who wrote back. I am not sure what to do now that she is dead. We usually just have Santa leave a note with the gifts.