PDA

View Full Version : Need inexpensive Stocking Stuffers for DH

BabbyO
12-07-2011, 09:36 AM
Any ideas....

He's in Tai Chi, on a diet, a bit of a computer geek, comic book geek...

He has lots of ideas...the cheapest one is $40. I'm thinking $10 or less.

logan's mom
12-07-2011, 09:41 AM
check out thinkgeek.com. They usually have some good/unusal stuff in the clearance section.

zoestargrove
12-07-2011, 10:00 AM
I'm reading The Art of Learning based on a BBBer's recommendation, by Josh Waitzkin. He was a world champion chess player as a child and later became a world champion at the martial art side of Tai Chi. I am a beginner chess-player and I don't know anything about Tai Chi, but I'm really enjoying reading about these two worlds. His descriptions of Tai Chi are so fascinating that I'm going to look into what is available for instruction locally.

http://www.amazon.com/Art-Learning-Journey-Pursuit-Excellence/dp/0743277457

BabbyO
12-07-2011, 10:20 AM
I'm reading The Art of Learning based on a BBBer's recommendation, by Josh Waitzkin. He was a world champion chess player as a child and later became a world champion at the martial art side of Tai Chi. I am a beginner chess-player and I don't know anything about Tai Chi, but I'm really enjoying reading about these two worlds. His descriptions of Tai Chi are so fascinating that I'm going to look into what is available for instruction locally.

http://www.amazon.com/Art-Learning-Journey-Pursuit-Excellence/dp/0743277457

Thanks for the recommendation. DH would probably love this. He was in Kung Fu, but injured himself. Since his school also teached Tai Chi and it is a bit gentler than Kung Fu on the joints...he started with Tai Chi. I'm sure he'd love the descriptions.

boolady
12-07-2011, 10:34 AM
My stocking stuffers for DH are fairly standard at this point, and largely functional with a few small surprises thrown in. I always get him some sort of good dark chocolate bar, a Burts Bees lip balm, a $10 iTunes gift card, sometimes a paperback if I know there's something he's looking to read, sometimes a CD instead, as there are bands he likes enough that he wants the actual CD, I've put a new travel coffee mug in there when he's needed one, things like that.

JenaW
12-07-2011, 10:40 AM
My stocking stuffers for DH are fairly standard at this point, and largely functional with a few small surprises thrown in. I always get him some sort of good dark chocolate bar, a Burts Bees lip balm, a $10 iTunes gift card, sometimes a paperback if I know there's something he's looking to read, sometimes a CD instead, as there are bands he likes enough that he wants the actual CD, I've put a new travel coffee mug in there when he's needed one, things like that.

Sounds very similar to mine. We also do what is often known as the "cvs stocking" - filled with needed items such as socks, undies/boxers, new tooth brush (or new head, as we use the crest spin brush), batteries, tooth paste, deoderant, etc.

brittone2
12-07-2011, 11:37 AM
razors
deodorant
shaving cream
small packs of almonds (those little single serving sized ones) if that's compatible with his way of eating
magazine?
socks
aftershave if he uses it
soap
underwear
armor-all or car washing stuff if you do your own cars
ice scraper
starbucks via packs if he drinks coffee (or tea)

boolady
12-07-2011, 11:42 AM
razors
small packs of almonds (those little single serving sized ones) if that's compatible with his way of eating
soap

I forgot...I always do these, too. They may not be the healthiest variation, but I always treat DH to some smoked almonds because he loves them but never seems to buy them for himself.

crl
12-07-2011, 11:44 AM
You might find some ideas here.

http://windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=418910

Catherine

lmr1101
12-07-2011, 12:55 PM
I just found these and am going to buy a bunch for anyone who has a touchscreen anything...
www.toddygear.com
Here's a review from a friend of mine. http://www.azfamily.com/news/technology/Review-Toddy-is-a-touchscreens-best-friend-135109823.html