PDA

View Full Version : How many holiday parties were you invited to this season?

BeachBum
12-07-2011, 02:20 PM
Poll Coming.

Work parties during regular work hours do not count. :)

TwinFoxes
12-07-2011, 02:41 PM
I voted two. But I don't think it's too late to receive invites. (Not that I'm expecting more).

edurnemk
12-07-2011, 02:43 PM
I voted 7 or more, I'm going crazy with so many events, it really stresses me out. Oh, and I'm hosting 2 small dinners.

mommylamb
12-07-2011, 02:51 PM
Poll Coming.

Work parties during regular work hours do not count. :)

Do you count work parties that are at night? I've been invited to a lot of those (though I usually don't go to them because I want to get home to see DS). If we're talking just friends, than it's just 2.

sariana
12-07-2011, 02:59 PM
One. DH's office party.

AnnieW625
12-07-2011, 03:00 PM
I voted for one, but have actually been invited to 3. I will only be able go to attend one, the kindergarten moms party that took place on Saturday.

KrisM
12-07-2011, 03:07 PM
Only 3 - one for each kid's class :).

amldaley
12-07-2011, 04:29 PM
4...al work related but NONE during regular work hours. 3 for my job and 1 for DH's. I expect there will be 1 more from DH's work popping up.

And we will likely host a day after Christmas breakfast but it will just be about 8 people including us. Is that a party?

boolady
12-07-2011, 04:49 PM
If you mean non-family get-togethers, then none. My crowd doesn't seem to have them, so that is why DH and I are going ahead and hosting a party on the 30th.

My work can't afford parties and right now, morale is pretty bad and I doubt anyone would come, so we haven't had an after-hours party in two? three? years. I have no idea if DH's work will have one or not as this is his first holiday season at his place of employment.

ETA: There are several families we are friends with that we will get together with between now and New Year's, but nothing other than our party that I'd consider a party.

citymama
12-07-2011, 05:25 PM
Three or four, all work-related, all after hours. And I'm going to none of them. I forgot to add that we will host - we always have a latke making extravaganza with a few of DD's friends and parents.

brittone2
12-07-2011, 05:26 PM
Our close friends usually have a holiday party but I haven't heard anything this year. I think they are phasing it out. DD's bday falls on a weekend this year so it would likely have conflicted anyway.

We have an evening party for DH's workplace coming up on Friday.

December is crazy for us. DH and I have our anniversary, DD, MIL, and I all have Dec. Bdays, etc. so it is usually hard for us to make holiday parties anyway due to other commitments. We also just got back from a week in Boston and Long Island as a family, so it has been a hectic holiday season so far!

SnuggleBuggles
12-07-2011, 05:32 PM
I put 3 (2 friends, 1 work) but we are also hosting another one. Another friend one will likely trickle in....we are a crowd of procrastinators.

Beth

♥ms.pacman♥
12-07-2011, 05:49 PM
um, none?

we have no family in town, and DH telecommutes when he's not traveling..they usually have an office party at the manager's house but we're obviously not going since we don't live in the area.

i am going to several holiday parties through a Moms group on meetup.com (where it's just moms and kids), but wasn't sure if that counted..it's not like i got an invitation or anything.

we are going to the ILs a week before Christmas, and i'm sure they'll be get-togethers then, though nothing formal

essnce629
12-07-2011, 05:54 PM
None. I don't think I've ever been to a holiday party before!

I did go to DBF's work holiday party last Thursday, but it was at 5pm which is when he's normally at work and didn't get to come home with us afterwards, so I'm not counting that.

arivecchi
12-07-2011, 05:57 PM
Only one and we cannot attend. :( My friends don't host any parties and DH's family is super lame about this. My family lives in another country so we cannot attend their parties. I have a "holiday lunch" at work which, I agree with OP, does not count. Lame as well.

I would so love to host a holiday party, but DH is a hermit and hates parties, so that is not happening either.

Melaine
12-07-2011, 06:01 PM
No real parties. :-( We used to be the ones to host but that hasn't fallen by the wayside. We are doing a holiday meal together with several families that I am looking forward to, but it isn't exactly a party. Oh and I am hosting a brunch for some family, but other than that not really.

ourbabygirl
12-07-2011, 06:01 PM
Phew- the poll results are making me feel a little better (I also voted 'none'). I guess technically I did get invited to our Mom's Club holiday party, but it's at a restaurant that I really don't like and I just don't feel like going this year. :)

We've hosted a lot of holiday parties in the past, but I'm hoping to do a small kid-friendly NYE party this time, so hope we'll get some people attending.

When I was teaching we had a holiday 'party,' but since it was a casual drop-in during our short lunch period, and it was a potluck, I didn't consider it a real 'party!' And DH has been working from home for a number of years now, so unfortunately he doesn't have a party we can attend. ;)

MelissaTC
12-07-2011, 06:32 PM
Three.

We host one every year with 50+ guests. It is a lot of work but also a lot of fun.

g-mama
12-07-2011, 06:40 PM
Glad I don't feel like a loser voting none. I always hear it's the time of the year for tons of parties, but in our circle of friends, it's not. We may invite a couple of families over for cookies but that's about it.

Cam&Clay
12-07-2011, 08:27 PM
Usually we have a party at our next door neighbor's, but no invite yet. I haven't heard from them about canceling it for this year.

We usually have a really swanky party for DH's work but since he's deployed, I'm assuming I won't be invited by myself!

hillview
12-07-2011, 09:15 PM
None so far. We are hosting one in January for my work people.