PDA

View Full Version : Please send P&PTs for DD's safety...

ha98ed14
12-07-2011, 04:56 PM
My flight is leaving in 5 hours to fly to NYC to be with BFF whose mom has just died. MIL offered to watch DD at SIL's bc she is there for the week, which is pretty normal for MIL. She lives P?T at SIL's. I dropped off DD and her 5 point harness booster. Come to find out SIL's van is in the shop, but they are still going out in BIL's car. Please pray they install the 5 pt booster and do not put DD in the backless booster that they use for their own DD (who is the same age, height, & weight) even though it is "just in the 2nd car..." SIL did say she knew I would not be okay with that, but that doesn't mean she won't do it if she is pressed for time.

niccig
12-07-2011, 05:00 PM
It will be OK. You have to worry about what you have to do now for BFF.

I would though, when you get back and all has quietened down, get her a high back booster (turbo booster is good for little ones) and booster train her from time to time, so if in a pinch she knows how to ride in it. DS can buckle himself, which means I don't have to worry about MIL messing it up.

:hug5: to your BFF.

Uno-Mom
12-07-2011, 07:10 PM
It will be OK. You have to worry about what you have to do now for BFF.

I would though, when you get back and all has quietened down, get her a high back booster (turbo booster is good for little ones) and booster train her from time to time, so if in a pinch she knows how to ride in it. DS can buckle himself, which means I don't have to worry about MIL messing it up.

:hug5: to your BFF.

:yeahthat: That's really good advice. I do know what you mean - I've had somewhat similar situations recently with a babysitter.

She will be ok.