PDA

View Full Version : Prayers, mojo for my boxer, please.

Kymberley
12-07-2011, 06:02 PM
I know this is not as pressing an issue as a lot of our BBB members are facing right now, but it has the potential to be pretty sad for us.

Our Boxer has refused to eat at least one meal for the past 3 days, and today he has not eaten at all. This could be due to several factors as he can be temperamental, but I'm fearing the worst. If he has another blockage, we have to euthanize. He's had at least 8 surgeries for blockages throughout his short 6 year life, and his tummy just can't handle another. Now, before you think I'm a bad owner because of his multiple blockages, let me explain. I have another dog, a lab, that the boxer has grown up with. Our lab has never had a blockage. Our boxer is just...special. If it fits in his mouth, not matter what it is, he is going to eat it. So we are super careful about what we allow him to be around. It's actually been 2 years since his last one. I'm afraid he's found something. Terrified, actually. He's DS's favorite of the two dogs. He's so good with DS. He's such a gentle soul, and I love him to pieces. Our lab will not take it well at all if he has to be PTS. They are connected at the hip.

I'm going to make him rice and eggs tonight to try to coax him to eat. If something is really wrong, he won't eat, and we'll have to start planning our goodbyes. If you have any prayers, good thoughts, or mojo to spare, please send them his way. Thank you.

elephantmeg
12-07-2011, 06:24 PM
aww, sending prayers and PT to you all!

infomama
12-07-2011, 06:38 PM
Your in my thoughts. We are letting go of our boxer in the next few days. After agonizing over this decision we now know it's time to let her rest. I'm just sick thinking about it.....just do your best for your pup.

He knows you love him and if he goes just remember he'll be standing without pain in those sunny green fields soon to be running full speed on strong puppy legs.

brittone2
12-07-2011, 06:40 PM
Thinking of you and your doggie. I had a husky/shep mix that got into *everything* despite our best efforts. I totally understand how their personality plays into it.

drako
12-07-2011, 06:43 PM
I am so sorry. We just put one of our boxers down a few weeks ago. He was 11.5 and had a tumor the size of a large potato in his colon. It was getting to the point where he wouldn't be able to poop because it was closing it off. He went down hill so fast. We had no idea he had the cancer (even though so common in the breed unfortunately). Needless to say, we brought him to the vet since he wasn't acting himself and had to make the painful decision to put him to sleep that day. It was awful. Hope your baby is ok.

hoodlims
12-07-2011, 07:22 PM
Thinking of you. We are also a boxer family and they are such loves, so good with kids. Hopefully your boxer will eat soon and there will be no need to say goodbye!

elizabethkott
12-07-2011, 07:36 PM
I'm so sorry...
I hope your puppy love eats soon, and that there's no cause for undue worry.

Kymberley
12-07-2011, 08:02 PM
Your in my thoughts. We are letting go of our boxer in the next few days. After agonizing over this decision we now know it's time to let her rest. I'm just sick thinking about it.....just do your best for your pup.

He knows you love him and if he goes just remember he'll be standing without pain in those sunny green fields soon to be running full speed on strong puppy legs.

Oh, I am SO sorry. I'll be thinking of you! :hug:

Kymberley
12-07-2011, 08:03 PM
I am so sorry. We just put one of our boxers down a few weeks ago. He was 11.5 and had a tumor the size of a large potato in his colon. It was getting to the point where he wouldn't be able to poop because it was closing it off. He went down hill so fast. We had no idea he had the cancer (even though so common in the breed unfortunately). Needless to say, we brought him to the vet since he wasn't acting himself and had to make the painful decision to put him to sleep that day. It was awful. Hope your baby is ok.

I'm so sorry for your loss. How heartbreaking! I'm glad your dog is at peace, but I know it still hurts. :hug:

trales
12-07-2011, 08:05 PM
Having an ill dog is so hard. I am thinking of you right now.

mytwosons
12-07-2011, 08:28 PM
:grouphug:

It's so hard. Sending P&PTs it isn't serious.

larig
12-07-2011, 08:30 PM
hugs for you and PTs for your sweet boxer. I have a big soft spot for boxers.

TwinFoxes
12-07-2011, 08:47 PM
I'm a boxer owner and lover. I really hope it's just him having a little tummy ache, and not a blockage. P&Pt and hugs for you both. :hug:

wendibird22
12-07-2011, 08:53 PM
P&PT coming to you and your boxer. I hope he perks up asap. Dogs are such important members of our families and it's so hard when they clearly aren't acting like themselves.