PDA

View Full Version : Grandma/travel seat for small 4.5 y.o.

sassafrassdc
12-08-2011, 09:02 AM
Hi all,

We live abroad and travel back to the U.S. twice a year for 3 weeks or so at a stretch. Though I have (and like fine) the Ride Safer Travel Vest for shorter trips and DS2 finally fits in it, for three weeks I get very sick of the buckling and unbuckling.

Recommendations for a reasonably priced seat to keep at the grandparents (or possibly to use with the GoGoKidz and use aboard the plane still as I do like being able to keep him in the seat when he's asleep upon arrival, but can't then be too heavy)?

DS2 is 40 inches and 34 pounds at 4.5 years old. He is in no way ready for a booster seat so it needs to be harnessed. At home he has just switched from an RA to a MA, as his ears are just about at the top of the seat. In the past I've just GoGo Kidz'ed the RA and used that in the U.S.

Thanks in advance!

Jess

legaleagle
12-08-2011, 01:41 PM
I think the evenflo maestro is pretty much the top pick for a small forward-facer. It's light, pretty cheap, and easy to install.

catsnkid
12-08-2011, 02:44 PM
I was about to chime in with the same suggestion. I'm thinking about getting one for DS when he outgrows the cosco scenera in Grandma's car.

sassafrassdc
12-12-2011, 10:42 AM
Thanks! Good to know it's easy to install, as I'll be doing it for the first time outside in the cold after an 8 hour flight alone with the two kids ; )