PDA

View Full Version : So many discounts now-- which photo book would you go with?

sujathas
12-08-2011, 11:04 AM
I want to make a few photo books for the first time now. Thinking of making one each for the last few years. I want a lot of pages per book (not sure how many, maybe 50 pages or so). So many sites are having sales-- does anyone know which has the best quality? Or are all good?

Shutterfly has 40% off all photo books.

Mypublisher will give you 50% off orders over $100 if you sign up for the promotion (can get it from a link through ebates).

Snapfish is Buy 1 get 2 free-- (Can that really be true-- sounds excellent).

Kodak.com is 25% off right now.

In particular, has anyone made a photo book through snapfish? How good is the quality? How easy is it to manipulate your photos, etc.

Thank you!!!

Momit
12-08-2011, 11:27 AM
I've used Snapfish a bunch of times. The quality is very good and it's pretty easy to lay out the pages etc. The most time consuming part is going through all your photos and choosing which ones to use. The first time I made the mistake of uploading hundreds of photos, which made it confusing to sort through all of them in Snapfish. Now I look at them on my computer, make a list and upload only those. Once the pictures are in you can make the book pretty quickly. I usually added captions and organized the photos chronologically so that part took a while. I've done a few smaller books from vacations, etc. and did the auto-layout for those.

I was really good about doing photo books every few months when DS was a baby but I have tapered off quite a bit in the last couple of years. Last time I used Snapfish their interface was maybe a little more cumbersome than Shutterfly's but it's still pretty easy. They do usually offer multiple copies of the same book at a discount (but certainly not free or even close to it!) The shipping can get a little pricey, but for 2 free books I would definitely do it.

Mommy2Abby
12-08-2011, 12:32 PM
I really like Shutterfly. They have a Simple Path option that automatically places the photos in a book for you and then you can customize as you wish - I've found that makes it much faster/more efficient. And, their book quality is great.

Their customer service is top-notch too. I once had an issue with one of my books (had funky lines on some of the pages when it was printed), and they gave me a credit for a free photobook with same # of pages, no questions asked.

I don't have experience with the other sites, so not sure there, but wanted to pass along my recommendation for Shutterfly.

etwahl
12-08-2011, 12:36 PM
I always do shutterfly, and think the quality is excellent. I've tried others and not been happy with them.

That said, I only see 20% off shutterfly (I need to do 8 books this weekend). Do you have a coupon code or link to show 20% off? I would greatly, greatly appreciate it!!!

siri
12-08-2011, 12:50 PM
Here is a great article on all the websites that make photobooks. It is fantastic and very thorough. Take a look. I think I am going to go with mypublisher.com based on this article, but I have done the buy one get two fee with snapfish in the past and they did a fair job.

http://www.digitalhomethoughts.com/news/show/97676/0/1/15

sujathas
12-08-2011, 02:04 PM
I always do shutterfly, and think the quality is excellent. I've tried others and not been happy with them.

That said, I only see 20% off shutterfly (I need to do 8 books this weekend). Do you have a coupon code or link to show 20% off? I would greatly, greatly appreciate it!!!

Code MERRY40 gives 40% off cards/ photobooks/calendars at Shutterfly! (through December 11th)

sujathas
12-08-2011, 02:17 PM
Here is a great article on all the websites that make photobooks. It is fantastic and very thorough. Take a look. I think I am going to go with mypublisher.com based on this article, but I have done the buy one get two fee with snapfish in the past and they did a fair job.

http://www.digitalhomethoughts.com/news/show/97676/0/1/15

Thank you Siri on the article above. I didn't read the whole thing, but went to the opinion at the end. Mypublisher did look good on their website, and the review seems excellent. The 50% off of orders over $100 deal is very good, so I think I may go with them.

etwahl
12-08-2011, 02:20 PM
Code MERRY40 gives 40% off cards/ photobooks/calendars at Shutterfly! (through December 11th)

Thank you! I better get working :)