PDA

View Full Version : How did we miss this?

elaineandmichaelsmommy
12-08-2011, 11:13 AM
Yesterday toys r us had a one day 50% off sale on video games and Fisher price LOVING FAMILY dollhouse furniture! So essentially it was the BOGO. Big reminder to check the toysrus website every day for the rest of the month if i can.

2zeke
12-08-2011, 11:34 AM
I almost ordered 4 video games until I realized the free shipping doesn't apply to video games. My pretax total was $89. Shipping was almost $17. No thanks. I don't have a store near me, so online is my only TRU option.

The BOGO on video games is a 4 day sale starting yesterday according to the website. It applies to a lot of other toys as well.

clb
12-08-2011, 11:44 AM
PP, banner says free shipping (up to $20) with $49 purchase. Offer details say only for the lower 48 states.
HTH.

2zeke
12-08-2011, 11:55 AM
PP, banner says free shipping (up to $20) with $49 purchase. Offer details say only for the lower 48 states.
HTH.

Thanks. I was expecting free shipping, but when it didn't come up on my order I found the "small print" -

"*... Excludes video game consoles/handhelds, software, hardware and accessories, gift cards and Buyer Protection Plan. Baby toys do not qualify towards the free shipping requirement..."

Actual video games must count as "software." Yesterday I found a non small print page where it said specifically that video games were excluded. I'm not seeing that today, but the shipping charge is still in my cart.

If anyone has a free ship code that works with video games, I'd love to have it. TIA ~

iaam
12-08-2011, 12:17 PM
Yesterday toys r us had a one day 50% off sale on video games and Fisher price LOVING FAMILY dollhouse furniture! So essentially it was the BOGO. Big reminder to check the toysrus website every day for the rest of the month if i can.

If it makes you feel any better, there were very few Loving Family sets in stock for shipping (I didn't pay attention to what they had in stock for store pick-up). The one thing I wanted - the mobile home - wasn't part of the sale (not sure why - do they consider that a 'house' akin to the doll house instead of an accessory?)!

clb
12-08-2011, 01:49 PM
2zeke- well that stinks! Sorry for the false alarm.