PDA

View Full Version : LeapFrog Tag AND Original LeapPad?

a2mom
12-08-2011, 11:46 AM
I bought a used LeapFrog Tag Reader pen for my 3.5 year old for Christmas. Then just this week I found a My First LeapPad and original LeapPad (not the cool iPad look-a-likes) for $10 each including 3 cartridges and books. I knew that LeapPads are usually expensive, so I bought them without doing much research. Do the Tag and LeapPad really just do the same thing? Is the LeapPad just a duplicate gadget to the Tag?

I chose the My First LeapPad for my 1.5 year old, then realized that it's designed for a 3 year old and up. Anyone use a LeapPad with a child under 2? Not sure I want to blow a Christmas gift on something that my toddler can't really use.

I guess I'm trying to figure out whether I should sell the LeapPads on ebay or give them to my kids.

willow33
12-08-2011, 11:51 AM
I just pulled out our old My First Leappad for DD this past week. She's 2.5 and I think she is the perfect age for it. I still need to sit and help her, but I think a 1.5 year old may be a little young. Every time you turn the page you have to tap the green Go circle with the pen and DD never remembers to do that. Some of the games she can do, but a few are a little above her. HTH!