PDA

View Full Version : Winter Shoe for 2 Year Old Boy

kmkaull
12-08-2011, 01:03 PM
Hi,
Wondering if anyone has any suggestions for a good winter shoe for a 2.5 year old boy? He has some See Kai Runs and a pair of New Balance tennis shoes. And of course boots. But I need something water resistant and warm for light snow/slush.

I was thinking about these . . .
http://www.merrell.com/US/en-US/Product.mvc.aspx/7075Y/56315/Youth/Jungle-Moc-Big-Kids
[/URL]

Or the Lands' End All Weather moc.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

HIU8
12-08-2011, 01:26 PM
My kids wear their snow boots outside even in light snow/slush. I would never allow them to wear a regular shoe that would get ruined (even the ones that say water resistent etc... would be ruined b/c of the salt that is put down everywhere).

Simon
12-08-2011, 02:41 PM
We've had a few pairs of the Merrell Jungle Mocs and they have held up well but they do run fairly narrow, IME. Ds1's look brand new after months of use. They are fine in a parking lot that is a little slushy or sidewalks with a dusting of snow but I would likely use boots even in those situations. We just stick to boots or carry the kids or park next to the shopping carts/use a stroller.

kmkaull
12-08-2011, 10:06 PM
My kids wear their snow boots outside even in light snow/slush. I would never allow them to wear a regular shoe that would get ruined (even the ones that say water resistent etc... would be ruined b/c of the salt that is put down everywhere).

Eh. I'm in Chicago, where the ground is wet 6 months out of the year. Sometimes it works to have a good, sturdy, warm shoe. Going with Jungle Moc.

Kindra178
12-08-2011, 10:14 PM
I am in Chicago too. My boys have been wearing Keen Skyline or Targhee for years. Basically a hiking shoe with great tread and totally water resistant. Easy on and off, and perfect for every day wear all winter long, even when there is snow on the ground. Way warmer than a sneaker or jungle moc (jungle mocs are their church shoe).

stinkyfeet
12-08-2011, 10:26 PM
DS1 wears Keen Kootenay boots. They are very flexible and wide enough for his extra-wide feet. We use them as his every day shoes. They have been through a lot this past fall/winter, and they still look great!

http://www.zappos.com/keen-kids-kootenay-infant-toddler-pinecone

mskitty
12-09-2011, 01:03 AM
Eh. I'm in Chicago, where the ground is wet 6 months out of the year. Sometimes it works to have a good, sturdy, warm shoe. Going with Jungle Moc.

We used a pair of Merrell jungle mocs for our everyday shoes last winter. They worked very well for most days. If it was seriously wet/snowy, he wore his winter boots. Yes, they had some water and salt stains on them, but most shoes are trashed after being worn nearly everyday for months with an active toddler!

mskitty