PDA

View Full Version : Kindle & amazon help, please!

mytwosons
12-08-2011, 03:54 PM
I purchased a Kindle for my mom for Xmas. I think she'll really enjoy it once she gets used to it, but I want to have it all set up and loaded with a few appealing books to get her going.

I don't want to set up the Kindle w/my amazon account, but I don't want to set up an account using her email either. Can I set up an account w/one of my alternate email accounts and then switch it over to her email later?

I'm assuming I would enter her info when setting up the account and then just update the email after she opens the gift. Does that sound right?

TIA!

BabyBearsMom
12-08-2011, 04:06 PM
Hmmmm...not sure if that would work, because it pulls the books from the account. If she already has an Amazon account with her e-mail and then tries to change the second account to her e-mail, it would show up as a duplicate account. Maybe someone else might have an idea. What I have done in the past is ordered books for people but you can set it so it is not delivered to her e-mail until Christmas day. It is really easy for her to register her Kindle (it literally takes 2 minutes), so she could register it and redeem her e-mail.

kboyle
12-11-2011, 07:22 PM
the books that are from your acct would be lost once you change emails. i'd just do it from her email or just yours, no switching down the road.