PDA

View Full Version : need gift for 10 year old girl

indigo99
12-08-2011, 06:15 PM
I bought my 14 year old niece a personalized, sterling silver charm on a necklace, but I can't come up with anything for her little sister. I should have just bought two, but the lady is sold out of them now. I need something around $30 that can be mailed easily/cheaply. I bought two books for her even though I don't think she reads a lot. I'm not really sure WHAT she's into since her only suggestion was legos, and I'm not getting those since they have an infant brother.

sunriseiz
12-08-2011, 07:36 PM
My dd's favorite gift is gift card for Barnes and Noble or Target. Second favorite would be a craft kit of some kind.

indigo99
12-08-2011, 07:44 PM
As much as I hate to think this, I'm afraid to give her any sort of gift card because her mom would likely "borrow" it. I bought her a nice coat once, and then she always had an excuse for why she wasn't wearing it. I think her mom took it (and some other clothes I gave her) to a consignment store for some quick $. Probably the same thing would happen if I bought her any sort of game for her DS.

kedss
12-08-2011, 07:44 PM
maybe a diary/journal/nice drawing pad and nice pen?

indigo99
12-08-2011, 08:07 PM
maybe a diary/journal/nice drawing pad and nice pen?

That's something *I* want for Christmas :) Not so sure if she'd be excited by it though.... it's tough because she's too old for most toys but not really old enough for teenage stuff either.

egoldber
12-08-2011, 08:59 PM
If she asked for Legos I would get them.

sunriseiz
12-08-2011, 09:03 PM
As much as I hate to think this, I'm afraid to give her any sort of gift card because her mom would likely "borrow" it. I bought her a nice coat once, and then she always had an excuse for why she wasn't wearing it. I think her mom took it (and some other clothes I gave her) to a consignment store for some quick $. Probably the same thing would happen if I bought her any sort of game for her DS.

So sorry, but I get it. :( I think a journal/sketchbook would be great. A nice pen or colored pencils would be a nice addition. A cool purse or scarf and hat might be a good choice also.

However, if she really love Legos, go for it. I think I am getting my nephew a Lego idea book, so that might be an option also.

soontobe
12-08-2011, 09:17 PM
y dont u find her a differant peice of personalized jewlery. or something personalized to put in her room?