PDA

View Full Version : Is this the baby?

MSWR0319
12-08-2011, 07:43 PM
I feel really stupid asking this question, but I don't remember this with DS, especially this early. I'm 18.5 weeks and three times today I have felt like something was jabbing me hard in the stomach. It's just a quick jab but it hurts. Not severely painful, just is a lot harder than a regular baby kick, kinda like snapping a rubber band against your skin. All three times its happened when I am sitting down and either bending over or have my legs pulled up on the couch. I don't know if I'm causing the baby to get scrunched and he doesn't like it or if it's just a ligament or something. I felt it once on Sat too but thought nothing of it then. Twice it was just to the right of my belly button and this last time it was on the other side and a bit lower, where the baby has been kicking. Do you think it's baby or am I pulling something? The first few times I was worried something was detaching!!

Kymberley
12-08-2011, 07:53 PM
Could it be gas? I can't remember if that lasts into the second trimester, how sad is that?!

wellyes
12-08-2011, 07:59 PM
That doesn't sound like the baby to me. Baby is too little to hurt that much (unless it is baby Renesmee from Twilight!)

MSWR0319
12-08-2011, 08:27 PM
That doesn't sound like the baby to me. Baby is too little to hurt that much (unless it is baby Renesmee from Twilight!)

That's what I told DH too and he tried to convince me it could be baby, but I just couldn't see how.

Maybe it's gas but I can usually tell the difference. It's just a wierd feeling and I can't figure it out.

rin
12-08-2011, 09:41 PM
Yeah, that doesn't sound like the baby (although they do say you feel the second baby sooner). Isn't round ligament pain supposed to last throughout the second trimester? If you're experiencing them when you change positions rapidly, that would be my guess.

ETA: Here's a link that talks about it. http://www.americanpregnancy.org/pregnancyhealth/roundligament.htm

BabyBearsMom
12-09-2011, 11:42 AM
That sounds like your round ligament. I have been having that a lot lately and it is super painful.

Melaine
12-09-2011, 12:05 PM
It sounds like round ligament but I am at 18 weeks and I do feel the baby a LOT. Very strong kicks and DH can feel them too. There have been a couple times where it was definitely the baby really low and it did kind of hurt, like he/she was kicking in a bad spot.

I would say if it's by your belly button is more like round ligament too because that seems a bit high (at least for me). The baby is always lower than that (at least so far in the pregnancy.

MSWR0319
12-09-2011, 12:36 PM
It sounds like round ligament but I am at 18 weeks and I do feel the baby a LOT. Very strong kicks and DH can feel them too. There have been a couple times where it was definitely the baby really low and it did kind of hurt, like he/she was kicking in a bad spot.

I would say if it's by your belly button is more like round ligament too because that seems a bit high (at least for me). The baby is always lower than that (at least so far in the pregnancy.

I'm thinking it's round ligament. I just didn't realize you could have it so high. I've been having them lower near my groin area and it feels a bit different, but I think that's because of the location. With DS I only had them them down low, so this is new! I thought it was probably some type of ligament, it just takes me by surprise when it happens!

Melaine, baby is mostly down low for me too. But boy oh boy, I think it's another wild one ; ) this baby is a wild kicker once he/she gets going!

Melaine
12-09-2011, 01:00 PM
I'm thinking it's round ligament. I just didn't realize you could have it so high. I've been having them lower near my groin area and it feels a bit different, but I think that's because of the location. With DS I only had them them down low, so this is new! I thought it was probably some type of ligament, it just takes me by surprise when it happens!

Melaine, baby is mostly down low for me too. But boy oh boy, I think it's another wild one ; ) this baby is a wild kicker once he/she gets going!

I was having a repetitive painful stretching feeling over the last few weeks quite high, almost at my ribs on the left and the midwife said it was stretching most likely.

I have also been surprised at the major kicking from this baby! I was expecting less since it is only one, but there is a lot of action already going on in there!