PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon cards?

wolverine2
12-09-2011, 12:32 PM
DS's class is getting into Pokemon cards, and I want to stick a couple packs in his stocking. He has no idea how to play with them and makes stuff up, so I don't think it really matters if they're good or not, but I have no idea what the basic Pokemon cards are- there seem to be so many different kinds- does it matter? Hoping this is just a phase, as I am not really fond of the whole idea, but it seems harmless enough in his class...

new_mommy25
12-09-2011, 12:53 PM
The black&white cards are going to be the newest. But you can pretty much get any pack and I think your DS will be happy. Also, for about $10 you can get a larger pack and those come with a tin to store them in. That's usually a good starter set.

Later if he wants better storage than a tin, you can buy the plastic sheets and put in a binder (like for baseball cards). At Target they are in the same section as the cards, near the checkout stand, and cost about $2-4.

hellokitty
12-09-2011, 01:15 PM
Don't do it! My son wanted them so badly Nd my dh stupidly bought someone's collection. Well there are Pokemon cards everywhere! I loathe them.