PDA

View Full Version : Geotrax--best way to start a set? Bargains?

daisymommy
12-09-2011, 03:27 PM
After receiveing several recc's in my other thread (2 yr.old toys for boys) for Geotrax, I think I'd like to get some.

What would be a good starter set? Does anyplace ever have good deals/sales?

Thanks!

jgenie
12-09-2011, 03:34 PM
We started with the Timbertown set from TRU then bought a few lots on CL.

wencit
12-09-2011, 03:45 PM
Are you a Costco member? We bought a Cars 2 Geotrax set from there for about $50. It's got quite a few pieces, so I think it's a great starter set.

mariza
12-09-2011, 05:19 PM
Definitely check out Craigslist. I got my son 3 sets for $40 last week! I worry that at 5 he might be too old for them but *I* have the Christmas set I bought last year on clearance and he loves to play with it. He is only allowed to play with mine under supervision though ;)

hellokitty
12-09-2011, 06:18 PM
We just started out with a basic set and then through the yrs have added onto it, when I see it on clearance or at yard sales.

PAfirsttimemom
12-09-2011, 06:54 PM
Do those of you with Geotrax also have wooden trains? Whenever I or anyone asks DS2 what he wants for Christmas, he announces "a toy train." Well, we have tons of Thomas trains, a Leapfrog train, a Melissa and Doug stacking blocks train, a huge set of O gauge trains in our basement that are really Daddy's, etc. So we have lots of toy trains already. I can't imagine what other kind of train he means. I wondered about Geotrax, but I don't know whether we need to start a whole new system, KWIM? But maybe he'll like that better than the Thomas trains? He doesn't show much interest in those at all, where DS1 loved them.

jgenie
12-09-2011, 07:04 PM
Do those of you with Geotrax also have wooden trains? Whenever I or anyone asks DS2 what he wants for Christmas, he announces "a toy train." Well, we have tons of Thomas trains, a Leapfrog train, a Melissa and Doug stacking blocks train, a huge set of O gauge trains in our basement that are really Daddy's, etc. So we have lots of toy trains already. I can't imagine what other kind of train he means. I wondered about Geotrax, but I don't know whether we need to start a whole new system, KWIM? But maybe he'll like that better than the Thomas trains? He doesn't show much interest in those at all, where DS1 loved them.

We have both as well as the metal Thomas trains. They all get played with but we are a train obsessed house - starting with DH. :D

mariza
12-09-2011, 08:25 PM
DS loved Thomas since he was 2, stopped playing with them as much in his first few months as a 4 yo. He turned 5 in September and started to really get his interest back again. Now that I pulled out the Christmas Geotrax he loves playing with them too and put some on his Santa list. He has never had a remote control toy before and I think that is a big part of the appeal with the Geotrax for him :)

daisymommy
12-12-2011, 11:10 AM
:cheerleader1: Yeah! I just bought a complete Timbertown set, in excellent condition, on Ebay for 1/3 of the new price. I didn't want to pay full price in case DS wasn't really into it. I'm excited to see his reaction when he sees it all set up on Christmas morning!

mariza
12-12-2011, 11:19 AM
Nice deal :cheerleader1:

hellokitty
12-12-2011, 12:31 PM
Nice deal :cheerleader1:
:yeahthat: I hope he likes it!