PDA

View Full Version : Which Otterbox for iPhone 4S

wimama
12-09-2011, 04:01 PM
Do I need the Defender? DH and I are taking the plunge and getting iPhones. I am sure DS will get his hands on our phone. And DH is notoriously hard on his electronics.

AnnieW625
12-09-2011, 04:21 PM
I was going to get a Commuter case but then Watching Them Grow's post about her phone getting smashed in the tailgate of her van and only the plastic case cracking made me realize I should just get the Defender. It is not nearly as bulky as I thought it would be and I think it is easier to find in my purse. I paid $28 at Amazon for a basic black one because the one I really want is OOS at Otterbox and they have no good % off coupons right now.

lizzywednesday
12-09-2011, 05:12 PM
I had the Commuter for my iPhone4, but DD played with it and cracked a piece off the bottom plastic.

I bought the Defender to replace it.

DD has since dropped, chewed on, banged and otherwise abused my phone and it's still in great shape.

I bought both from Amazon; I think they were less than Otterbox's regular pricing, but I didn't check too long. I just wanted a pretty color.

citymama
12-09-2011, 05:20 PM
The defender rocks. It truly does. The 4 version is much sleeker than the 3. It's what I would get.

katydid1971
12-09-2011, 06:02 PM
I like the otterbox for my 4s. I have already dropped it with not problem. I will say I bough the white one because I have a white phone and it is so dirty in just a couple weeks. My jeans seem to be the worst for it. I'm going to keep it for a while longer but I think I might pick up the teal one sometime next year. (After the holiday bills have been paid;))

mackmama
12-09-2011, 06:13 PM
Definitely the Defender. DH has it and loves it.

WatchingThemGrow
12-09-2011, 08:32 PM
And for the record, otterbox sent me a free replacement defender in today's mail!

LMPC
12-09-2011, 09:13 PM
Defender! I bought one and let DD pick out the color -- hehehe, now I have a hot pink case but hey, I don't ever lose it in my purse :tongue5:

connor_mommy
12-09-2011, 09:25 PM
I got the defender based on the recs here. It does make the phone bulkier, but since this is my first iphone, I don't even notice. I like how the case makes the phone easier to grip and since it sometime lives in the bottom of my purse, I wanted a case that would really protect it. DS has already dropped my iphone.

jamesmom
12-09-2011, 10:55 PM
Definitely the Defender. I'm so glad I got it for my iphone 4S because it really protects the phone and makes it so much easier to grip and use (I tend to have butter fingers :))

connor_mommy
12-10-2011, 01:25 AM
Defender! I bought one and let DD pick out the color -- hehehe, now I have a hot pink case but hey, I don't ever lose it in my purse :tongue5:

I have to hot pink and gray one! I love how it looks and feel!

wimama
12-10-2011, 11:26 AM
And for the record, otterbox sent me a free replacement defender in today's mail!

Awesome! I saw your post! Ok defender it is! We will need to get two. DH will probably get a black on off Amazon. And, I will get another color so we can tell them apart easily. DH and I usually get the same cell phones, so we can share chargers. It simplifies things. We have kept the same Palm Treo phones/organizers for almost 5 years now. This is a big splurge and change for us.

I like the otterbox for my 4s. I have already dropped it with not problem. I will say I bough the white one because I have a white phone and it is so dirty in just a couple weeks. My jeans seem to be the worst for it. I'm going to keep it for a while longer but I think I might pick up the teal one sometime next year. (After the holiday bills have been paid;))

Thank you! I was leaning toward the white, but I think I will likely go with the pink/plum one. That seems like it would stay cleaner.