PDA

View Full Version : HA Mocs

anonomom
12-09-2011, 04:50 PM
I see a lot of people on these boards getting excited about Hanna's Mocs. It leaves me wondering -- what do you use them for? I assume they're slippers, but can they go outside, say, on a baby just learning to walk?

citymama
12-09-2011, 04:55 PM
Not really. They're cozy house slippers and my DD wears them to bed with her footless zipper pjs. They're great because they stay on and unlike most house slippers don't make your kid skid and fall!

lchang25000
12-09-2011, 05:09 PM
Yes, they were my son's first outside "shoes" when he first started walking. The bottom of the mocs are just like the bottom of the Robeez shoes. We had some mocs just for indoors and some for outside wear.

YouAreTheFocus
12-09-2011, 05:11 PM
My son wore them outside before he could walk and when he was an early walker. We would put socks on underneath and use the mocs as shoes. The bottom is suede, so it's really the same as using something like SKR Smallers as shoes. Although, the Smallers we had ended up full of holes, and the mocs held up perfectly :) Obviously neither one for wet weater, tho!

♥ms.pacman♥
12-09-2011, 05:11 PM
Yes, they were my son's first outside "shoes" when he first started walking. The bottom of the mocs are just like the bottom of the Robeez shoes. We had some mocs just for indoors and some for outside wear.

:yeahthat:

this exactly!

the mocs keep a kid's feet warm way more than socks do. they also are a lot harder to take off

lizzywednesday
12-09-2011, 05:19 PM
We use them like house slippers now that DD is walking well, but they were our go-to footwear before she started walking - socks, mocs and we were set all last winter. We'd also switch off with MiniStar by Bobux that I bought at Target. (We use those for slippers these days, too.)

DD started walking at around 13 months old, and by then it was warm enough for her to stay barefoot all the time.

kevinsmama
12-10-2011, 12:55 PM
We have hardwood flooring throughout the house so we use HA mocs as house slippers, especially at night, as we have our sons (3 and 1 YO) wear them after their bath (and they go to sleep with them on). The suede soles prevent them from slipping and they're much thicker and cozier than regular socks so they keep their feet warm throughout the night. We stock up when the Hanna outlets have them on sale (I buy them only when they're under $10/pair; I usually wait until they're about $7-8). Also love that they wash up so well in the washing machine!

shawnandangel
12-10-2011, 09:26 PM
We have hardwood floors and they are great for keeping DD's feet warm without her slipping. We only have 1 pair which I bought last Christmas. They still fit but I'll need to buy a new pair when they go on (huge discount) sale.

As PP mentioned, they wash well and the color holds even with washing. DD has the green/white stripe and there has been no bleeding of color.