PDA

View Full Version : Any Hair Dryer Deals

finaledition
12-10-2011, 01:58 AM
Not super particular, it's for my pre-teen daughter. Just wondering if anybody has seen a good deal. TIA

kozachka
12-10-2011, 02:21 AM
I just got a deal on a very good hairdryer by Sedu from Folica.com with a LivingSocial voucher. Details in another thread (below). Maybe get one for yourself and give your dryer to your daughter? Even if not, there some good cheaper dryers on Folica, check out Top 10 dryers. Amazon is another good source.

http://windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=418425&page=2

kozachka
12-18-2011, 02:54 PM
Got my Sedu dryer few days ago, and absolutely love it.

Tinochka
12-18-2011, 03:27 PM
Ladies, I envy those, who need flat iron to make their hair straight, because I wish that my hair is a little bit wavy, just a touch. I have very straight hair and was using tools to make them wavy...;)
What you’ll recommend for my short (now) straight hair? I have lots of hair, but very fine (thin). As far as I understood, some of them can be used to curl just a touch, just a hint, so hair will be not looking like a straw... Any advice? What size I need?
Thank you! May be I’ll be able to convince my DH for a gift;), especially when sales are good.

Tinochka
12-18-2011, 05:08 PM
Kozachka, may be you can suggest?
Thank you!

Twoboos
12-18-2011, 07:38 PM
I just got a deal on a very good hairdryer by Sedu from Folica.com with a LivingSocial voucher. Details in another thread (below). Maybe get one for yourself and give your dryer to your daughter? Even if not, there some good cheaper dryers on Folica, check out Top 10 dryers. Amazon is another good source.

http://windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=418425&page=2

Sooooo po'd I missed this deal. I told DH I wanted the dryer/flat iron combo voucher, but they were sold out. I didn't realize there was a limit to the # they would sell, or I would have bought it myself!! :(

applebutter
12-19-2011, 01:27 PM
Ladies, I envy those, who need flat iron to make their hair straight, because I wish that my hair is a little bit wavy, just a touch. I have very straight hair and was using tools to make them wavy...;)
What you’ll recommend for my short (now) straight hair? I have lots of hair, but very fine (thin). As far as I understood, some of them can be used to curl just a touch, just a hint, so hair will be not looking like a straw... Any advice? What size I need?
Thank you! May be I’ll be able to convince my DH for a gift;), especially when sales are good.

I'd get a 2" curling iron if your hair is long enough. If it's really short, I'd get at 1.5". Hot Tools go on sale at Ulta a lot, and are a great brand. I'm happy with mine!

nupe
02-15-2012, 11:39 AM
Thanks to you all I've been stalking hair dryers for a couple months.

This model is on sale at folicavip.com, in limited quantity.
It's half price for Feb, based on their regular price
New and comes with warranty. APparently smaller than a usual hair dryer and not too noisy. Very powerful per rep. Just ordered it, hope I like it!

AEmgee
02-15-2012, 12:10 PM
Thanks to you all I've been stalking hair dryers for a couple months.

It's half price for Feb, based on their regular price
New and comes with warranty. APparently smaller than a usual hair dryer and not too noisy. Very powerful per rep. Just ordered it, hope I like it!
Thanks for posting - I too have been stalking hair dryers and purchased one too!

For reference, the last LivingSocial deal (which I missed) had this hair dryer along with "$40 worth" of extras (Sedu Anti-frizz Polishing Treatment with Moroccan Argan Oil, Folica Paddle Brush and Solia Mini curling iron) for $10 more ($99).

nupe
02-15-2012, 07:29 PM

As of this evening the sedu is sold out on folica vip site.

suzi
02-15-2012, 11:12 PM
I found a Chi hairdryer at TJ Maxx last year and am happy with it. Probably paid about $40.

nupe
02-20-2012, 10:58 PM
[QUOTE=AEmgee;3429841]Thanks for posting - I too have been stalking hair dryers and purchased one too!

QUOTE]

I think I am now "a nice hair dryer is a lot better than a costco/drugstore hairdryer" believer. My hairdresser told me he had this same dryer before and really liked it!

What do you think?