PDA

View Full Version : Dysgraphia

hbridge
12-10-2011, 08:34 AM
DC is about to be formally diagnosed with dysgraphia. There doesn't seem to be very much information out there. Where can we find information and support?

inmypjs
12-10-2011, 11:32 PM
Hi, I have a 7 yo who will be tested soon and we suspect he may receive some sort of dyslexia and dysgraphia diagnoses. I have also searched these boards and was surprised that there wasn't much here about it. There are some Yahoo groups specifically devoted to dyslexia and a separate one for dysgraphia - you might try joining those. I've gotten most of my information from just google searching.

Has your testing resource been of any assistance? I'm personally very curious about anything that can be done to help/treat dysgraphia as well as any school accommodations that might be recommended. We are doing testing with an educational psychologist at an agency that uses the Davis Dyslexia Correction program, which seems to have helped some kids a lot with handwriting. We are waiting for testing results but are definitely considering that program.