PDA

View Full Version : Cheap Photo Card idea

Melaine
12-10-2011, 09:54 AM
I plan to do Christmas photo cards every single year and always cheap out (and get lazy) and skip it. Plus, sadly, we often don't have a great quality shot to put on the front. In fact, I just tried to make a calendar and got the message that my photos weren't nice enough. Maybe ONE Christmas I will get a good camera!

Until then, I just wanted to share this idea for those who are in the same boat. I just bought 70 collage photos from Snapfish.com. I used a collection of 7 or 8 photos from throughout the year of the kids. All casual, different seasons. I made a 4 x 6 collage print with a red border and the words, "Merry Christmas!" at the top. I used coupon code BIGSAVE for free shipping plus 25% off. My total was $5.05 shipped for SEVENTY collage photos!

I have a bunch of clearance Christmas cards from past years so I will stick these inside to mail to family and probably hand out many of them to friends. I did this last year and saw one of our friends still has the collage photo of my kids up on her fridge from last year.

I'm just hoping they arrive in time, but if not they will be a little late (or you could always do "Happy New Year!". Even to get them picked up in store, they would only be like .29 each so still much cheaper.

HTHS! Here is the link for the collage prints: http://www.snapfish.com/snapfish/collageit/prd=prints

gamma
12-10-2011, 10:59 AM
Great Idea! You could probably mail them as a postcard and save on the cost of cards and save on postage! Thanks for the idea!

waver
12-10-2011, 03:20 PM
I have done that in the past too! For the collage, I included a scan of a Holiday drawing by my child.