PDA

View Full Version : Best Hot Cocoa/Hot Chocolate K cups?

Melbel
12-10-2011, 10:57 AM
We are getting a Keurig for Christmas so K cups are new to us. I would like to include some hot cocoa K cups in the kids stockings. DS loves the hot chocolate at Starbucks.

Any recommendations?

Beth24
12-10-2011, 11:10 AM
My kids like the milk chocolate hot cocoa by Cafe Escapes.

http://www.amazon.com/Café-Escapes-Chocolate-Brewers-24-Count/dp/B003C1RIEK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1323529746&sr=8-1

Sillygirl
12-10-2011, 11:37 AM
If you do get them, make sure to run an empty cycle (hot water only) after each cup. The cocoa K cups are notorious for clogging up the little drainage holes and if you don't rinse they are almost impossible to clean. You can just get hot water from the Keurig to dissolve regular cocoa mix, it's still quick, much cheaper than K cups and less danger to your machine.

Kindra178
12-10-2011, 11:38 AM
I don't like hot chocolate in the Keurig. It totally clogs your machine; you have to run a water cycle through to clear it every time you do a hot chocolate kcup. I also think the chemicals in some of the hot chocolate kcups are a little scary, but I don't know anything bad about them specifically.

Puddy73
12-10-2011, 11:40 AM
If you do get them, make sure to run an empty cycle (hot water only) after each cup. The cocoa K cups are notorious for clogging up the little drainage holes and if you don't rinse they are almost impossible to clean. You can just get hot water from the Keurig to dissolve regular cocoa mix, it's still quick, much cheaper than K cups and less danger to your machine.

:yeahthat: Also, regular cocoa mix tastes better than the K cup varieties, IMHO.

JBaxter
12-10-2011, 12:15 PM
I just use my regular hot chocolate. I use the hot water from my Keurig. Its all instant / add water so I cant justify the expense of hot chocolate Kcups. Same with my tea. I use my regular bags or loose tea and add the hot water.

artvandalay
12-10-2011, 12:34 PM
I read reviews for the hot chocolate KCups and they were not favorable, so I've never purchased them.

If I want hot chocolate, I put the powder in my cup, put the cup under the Keurig and just run a cycle to get hot water.

Beth24
12-10-2011, 01:23 PM
I also read all the mediocre reviews before I bought the hot cocoa k cups...but the my kids were so excited about the Keurig and making their own drinks...and honestly the cocoa is fine. We add a little milk to it to cool it off and the kids love it. So Melbel, you may still want to try them. Your kids will love making the drink as much as drinking it :)

Seitvonzu
12-10-2011, 07:28 PM
my child calls my mom's keurig "gee-gee's hot chocolate machine" :) while the rest of us think the cocoa is "eh" -- my child loved it :) i think it was the fun of getting to have it whenever she wanted and the whip and sprinkles as much as anything

Twin Mom
12-10-2011, 11:27 PM
I don't like coffee so I thought it was fun to make hot chocolate in my mom's Keurig when I was visiting her. :rotflmao:Don't know if she has had any issues with it clogging. I know my SIL also makes hot chocolate in hers since she brought my mom some hot choc k cups on Thanksgiving in case any of the kids (or I) wanted one.