PDA

View Full Version : husband Christmas gift idea

♥ms.pacman♥
12-10-2011, 06:00 PM
I got this remote-control helicopter for DH and he's been playing with it every spare minute today (he could not wait until Christmas of course). I really do not understand the appeal of it at all, but i guess it's a guy thing :)

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Griffin+Technology+-+Helo+TC+Helicopter+for+Apple%26%23174%3B+iPod%26% 23174%3B,+iPhone%26%23174%3B+and+iPad%26%23174/3143323.p?id=1218379765516&skuId=3143323

here is the Youtube ad for it. pretty geeky/nerdy, but hilarious.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t29xKIzXnGM

anyway, just a suggestion for those stumped over what to get your DH. mine hates all things fashion or fancy, hates ties, and is not too into sports. but he is into geeky toys. :)

eta: i should add, you need to have an iPhone, iPad, or iPod to use to control it.

BillK
12-10-2011, 07:59 PM
That is cool. I was just looking at it at bestbuy today in fact. I think all guys have a natural attraction to anything remote controlled. I know I do.

AngB
12-10-2011, 08:07 PM
DH has been asking for one, using ds as an excuse. We don't have any i-things though, but good to know it is a hit.

♥ms.pacman♥
12-10-2011, 08:49 PM
That is cool. I was just looking at it at bestbuy today in fact. I think all guys have a natural attraction to anything remote controlled. I know I do.

hehe, so true! DH likes everything remote-controlled. He is going to go NUTS in a few years when DS is old enough to play with those toys....i think Christmas will end up being more for him than for DS, lol!!!

overcome
12-10-2011, 09:16 PM
Warning: my DH had one as a sample (he's an electronics buyer) and it got so high it lost connection w remote and flew away.We watched it keep going and going until we couldn't see it anymore. We never saw it again. It was pretty funny (but would not have been if we had paid for it!).

BillK
12-10-2011, 09:27 PM
Hahaha! That's pretty hilarious actually.

♥ms.pacman♥
12-10-2011, 09:28 PM
Warning: my DH had one as a sample (he's an electronics buyer) and it got so high it lost connection w remote and flew away.We watched it keep going and going until we couldn't see it anymore. We never saw it again. It was pretty funny (but would not have been if we had paid for it!).

oh wow!! ok i will definitely warn my DH about that. so far, he's only been flying it around our bedroom (it's hilarious, every other minute i hear the sound of it crashing into something). the thing is pretty rugged, DH has crashed it into the ceiling or something else countless times and it still has not broken. lol!

Asianmommy
12-10-2011, 10:51 PM
Thanks for the idea--looks great!

twowhat?
12-10-2011, 11:42 PM
We saw one being demonstrated at Brookstone last weekend using the iPad. I gotta say, even I was like "can I play?"

And :hysterical:

overcome
12-11-2011, 12:01 AM

I told my DH about this thread and it made him chuckle. He informed me that the company has since fixed the problem. Now if the helicopter goes out of range, the motor cuts off. He did have tons of fun before it flew away. I wonder if anyone found it.

twowhat?
12-11-2011, 12:11 AM
I told my DH about this thread and it made him chuckle. He informed me that the company has since fixed the problem. Now if the helicopter goes out of range, the motor cuts off. He did have tons of fun before it flew away. I wonder if anyone found it.

I was in the shower JUST thinking whether the company addressed the issue and that they needed to re-program the thing so that if it went out of range, the motor would shut off. :ROTFLMAO:

This is still giving me a good laugh. I think half of it is the way you tell the story. SO funny!!!