PDA

View Full Version : Annual PSA: Check/open your packages for defective, incorrect items, missing pieces..

brittone2
12-10-2011, 09:13 PM
Just an annual PSA-in the next week I'd encourage you to check your packages for damage, missing parts, incorrect items, etc. so that you have time to return or request a refund/exchange. I just opened one of our amazon boxes and a book I ordered for DS1 at full price arrived damaged with the front cover bent over at the corner. Truthfully it looks like someone else read and returned it :( While there is still a good bit of time left until the holidays, if you need a replacement for something sold out at a retailer, etc. then it may take some juggling to get what you need in time. Better to have a little extra time to get things resolved IME.

I have a LOT of packages I need to go through, and hope to get through them this week. Since it is on my to-do list, I thought I'd pass it along here as a reminder.

Also consider assembling things that require assembly, so you have a chance to get missing parts or pieces replaced (screws, etc.). At least, consider doing it a few days before the holidays so you have a chance to get things resolved or find a replacement.

ourbabygirl
12-10-2011, 11:24 PM
Thanks for the reminder! We bought one of the Strider bikes for DD, and it arrived last week, but I want to have DH put it together this week just to have it done and to know if we need to order the taller seat (probably, as DD is 3 and very tall for her age). (He was thinking of doing it on Christmas Eve after she's in bed, but that's not a trend I want to start!)

Then the question will just be where to hide it! ;)

brittone2
12-14-2011, 05:33 PM
bumping for myself and others :) Dh started opening stuff last night to check on it. Need to check a few more things and make sure amazon sent a replacement book for one that arrived looking pre-read.