PDA

View Full Version : which dollhouse for a 2.5 yo?

theriviera
12-10-2011, 10:47 PM
i am looking for a big gift from santa for my dd who will be 3 in april. i was thinking a dollhouse as she is in love with all things dolls and she likes to pretend play with them.

what is better for her age, something like this?

Fisher Price Loving Family Dollhouse (http://www.yoyo.com/p/fisher-price-loving-family-grand-dollhouse-19743)

or this:
Kidkraft Annabelle (http://www.amazon.com/KidKraft-65079-Annabelle-Dollhouse/dp/B002OED6I8/ref=sr_1_24?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1323571423&sr=1-24)

or something else entirely?

sidmand
12-11-2011, 09:05 AM
I think my DD must be about a year older than yours. We bought something very similar to the Kidkraft one you posted (really for DS and DD to share) a few years ago and she's shown no interest. I nearly sold it recently but some wise people here said she may love it in about a year or so.

She loves dolls and pretend play too and I think the Fisher Price one would be a bigger hit, particularly at that age. FWIW DD's big gift this year is the Calico Corners treehouse and I'm so hoping that's a hit!

halos
12-11-2011, 12:55 PM
MY two and half year old has the Plan Toys terrace doll house and she LOVES it! Its such a classic toy, the kind that your grandchildren will play with. You can find it on amazon for 80$ without furniture.

zag95
12-11-2011, 06:05 PM
Fisher Price dollhouse.

maylips
12-11-2011, 07:03 PM
We bought the FP dollhouse last year for 3.5 (at the time) year old DD. She loves pretend play, dress up, etc. That said, she has not *loved* it. I think whatever dollhouse you get and however much play it gets just depends on how much your child likes dollhouses, KWIM? I don't think it's the brand, the bells and whistles, the anything....if they like dollhouses, they'll like whatever dollhouse you get them. If they aren't in to them, it doesn't matter if you get a Fisher Price or Plan. So buy what YOU like and she'll either play with it or not. :)

That's just my humble opinion.

sidmand
12-11-2011, 10:49 PM
We bought the FP dollhouse last year for 3.5 (at the time) year old DD. She loves pretend play, dress up, etc. That said, she has not *loved* it. I think whatever dollhouse you get and however much play it gets just depends on how much your child likes dollhouses, KWIM? I don't think it's the brand, the bells and whistles, the anything....if they like dollhouses, they'll like whatever dollhouse you get them. If they aren't in to them, it doesn't matter if you get a Fisher Price or Plan. So buy what YOU like and she'll either play with it or not. :)

That's just my humble opinion.

I totally hear what you're saying but my DD does love dollhouses but I think the Kidkraft one is just too big for her and what she wants to do right now. She loves the smaller dollhouse at the library and she loved playing with a Calico Critters display she saw but the Kidkraft ones (the ones I've seen at least) are designed for more Barbie-sized dolls are are much bigger scale overall. I think it can be overwhelming for some kids until they're bigger themselves.