PDA

View Full Version : Avail in store Cake pop maker $1.99 with sale, codes and rebate at Kohls

Momit
12-11-2011, 08:02 AM
Saw on Slickdeals: Babycakes cake pop maker is only 1.99 shipped 12/11 and 12/12. It's on sale for $14.99, codes SECRETSANTA and XMASFREE take off 20% and shipping charge, and there's a $10 mail in rebate. I just bought this in store 2 days ago for much more!

ETA sold out online but Slickdeals says available at B&M stores too.

ETA links
Cakepop maker
http://m.kohls.com/kohlsStore/PRD~786364/Babycakes+Cake+Pops+Maker.jsp

20% savings pass
http://a248.e.akamai.net/f/248/45320/14d/ig.rsys2.net/responsysimages/content/kohls/120811_yes_kohlsweb.htm

Rebate http://www.kohlscorporation.com/rebates/12.11asstkitchenelectrics.pdf

AbbysMom
12-11-2011, 08:28 AM
Thnks- just bought one! Went through ebates for 4% cash back.

NewbieVA
12-11-2011, 08:37 AM
It says we need copy or original of cash register receipts for the rebate. If we buy it online, do we send a copy of our shipping receipt? I haven't bought anything online from Kohls in a long time so I can't remember what kind of receipt they send with the package. Thanks!

momtoonegirl
12-11-2011, 08:40 AM
Thanks for posting! Just bought one. Great deal! :)

TamiRuns
12-11-2011, 08:50 AM
Thanks! Also got one!

sewarsh
12-11-2011, 09:11 AM
darn it! Sold out! :(

Melbel
12-11-2011, 09:24 AM
Thanks for posting! Just bought one. Great deal! :)

:yeahthat: I'm glad I jumped on to this morning since it is already sold out. It will make a great gift for DD1.

Momit
12-11-2011, 09:27 AM
It says we need copy or original of cash register receipts for the rebate. If we buy it online, do we send a copy of our shipping receipt? I haven't bought anything online from Kohls in a long time so I can't remember what kind of receipt they send with the package. Thanks!

It shows the price and has a receipt number, so I think it should be good.

Momit
12-11-2011, 09:28 AM
darn it! Sold out! :(

Shoot, that was fast. Will update OP.

athompson
12-11-2011, 09:29 AM
How cute and what a great price. Sorry that I missed it; DD1 would have loved it.

Momit
12-11-2011, 10:09 AM
Updated OP again, apparently the deal is available in-store too. There's a 20% savings pass, plus the sale price and rebate.

Does anyone know if you can use regular cake mix in these? The "cakepop" mix is pricey!

turtle12
12-11-2011, 10:09 AM
thanks for posting this! i just went and picked up at the store. there are plenty! you need to print out a 20% off pass first (on the SD site).

Club924
12-11-2011, 11:51 AM
Updated OP again, apparently the deal is available in-store too. There's a 20% savings pass, plus the sale price and rebate.

Does anyone know if you can use regular cake mix in these? The "cakepop" mix is pricey!

Yes, I bought one last month and just used regular cake mix. Tasted fine.

For the rebate, do we have to send the actual UPC code from the box or anything? I'd like to give it as a gift, but want to make sure I won't have to ask for the box after they open it....lol!

Momit
12-11-2011, 11:55 AM
Yes, I bought one last month and just used regular cake mix. Tasted fine.

For the rebate, do we have to send the actual UPC code from the box or anything? I'd like to give it as a gift, but want to make sure I won't have to ask for the box after they open it....lol!

Yes, you will need to cut the UPC off the box. Must be postmarked by 1/12/12. It says 2 rebates per hh per item so looks like you can do this one and the TRU triple slow cooker in another thread.

Thanks for the tip about the cake mix!

Mom of XX&XY
12-11-2011, 12:27 PM
Another note you can get 2 rebates per household. I bought 4 in store this morning and did 2 seperate transactions. The rebate receipt printed twice and a rebate form printed twice automatically. Thanks OP this is a great deal!!!

turtle12
12-11-2011, 01:45 PM
my review -- so we made them this morning - it really works!! we used a recipe from the booklet to make a vanilla cake, and then added blueberries. sprinkled powdered sugar on top. so we basically made blueberry munchkins (we didn't do the pop or the glaze part since it was still morning-time).

it was cute, kids loved helping and it was fast. the unit took about 2 minutes to preheat, and then 4 minutes to bake each batch. we did three batches.

it was much faster, i think, than preheating the oven, etc etc. its really cute. and totally great for $2ish!! :) thanks for posting about it.

azazela
12-11-2011, 02:16 PM
Got one at the B&M store. They didn't have rebate signage up or anything, so there were plenty left! :love-retry:

mnovak
12-11-2011, 03:13 PM
How much are they in store where you guys are? They were $29.99 here so the 20% off brought them down to $24.99 + $10 mail-in rebate would bring them to $14.99 (same as online price). The cashier that checked me out said the online price already included the rebate....... I don't know if that's really true, but he said you had to have the cash register receipt to send in (and the rebate form printed out with the receipt). I hope he's wrong!!

inmypjs
12-11-2011, 03:29 PM
Thank you! I called a B&M store and they had quite a few in stock. The woman I spoke to stated they were ringing up 24.99, but said if I brought in a print out of the online price, they would match it. DH just went to pick it up.

Twin Mom
12-11-2011, 03:36 PM
I just called my store and they told me they would match the online price. Of course the store closest to me says they don't have any. I don't believe it so I may go there first.

How much are they in store where you guys are? They were $29.99 here so the 20% off brought them down to $24.99 + $10 mail-in rebate would bring them to $14.99 (same as online price). The cashier that checked me out said the online price already included the rebate....... I don't know if that's really true, but he said you had to have the cash register receipt to send in (and the rebate form printed out with the receipt). I hope he's wrong!!

azazela
12-11-2011, 03:37 PM

Thank you! I called a B&M store and they had quite a few in stock. The woman I spoke to stated they were ringing up 24.99, but said if I brought in a print out of the online price, they would match it. DH just went to pick it up.

They rang up $24.99 in my store as well, however were marked as $14.99 on the shelf with one of those little tiny digital display thingies. The cashier tried telling me that the rebate was what would bring the price down to $14.99 but took off $10 right then and there when I politely disagreed and mentioned the digital shelf tag.

pahahn
12-11-2011, 03:52 PM
They rang up $24.99 in my store as well, however were marked as $14.99 on the shelf with one of those little tiny digital display thingies. The cashier tried telling me that the rebate was what would bring the price down to $14.99 but took off $10 right then and there when I politely disagreed and mentioned the digital shelf tag.

Our store had a TON of them and they scanned at $14.99 so that IS the price BEFORE the $10 rebate.

mypa
12-11-2011, 04:21 PM
DH is in the middle of trying to get 1 and it is ringing up at 24.99 and the manager is refusing to match online price of 14.99! It was a display model as all the stores nearby show as sold out.

Twin Mom
12-11-2011, 04:32 PM
I just picked one up. Of course the store closest to me had them. It did ring up $24.99 but the cashier price matched when I showed her the sale price on the Kohls site on my phone. The rebate printed at the register so the $14.99 price doesn't include the rebate.

Early Hanukkah present for DC. DS was so excited. DD wasn't as thrilled to be dragged to Kohls until she realized that she could make donut holes. They opened the box and pulled everything out but I told them we weren't making them right now.

Thanks OP.

ang79
12-11-2011, 04:35 PM
Hmmm....maybe I'll swing by my kohls later tonight and see if they have any, the girls would love this! Does anyone know if you can use muffin or bread mixes in it (like blueberry, banana, cornbread, etc.?) so that you can make things other than desserts?

Momit
12-11-2011, 04:35 PM
DH is in the middle of trying to get 1 and it is ringing up at 24.99 and the manager is refusing to match online price of 14.99! It was a display model as all the stores nearby show as sold out.

Ugh. Hope he got the price match. It should definitely be 14.99 before rebate. Some people on Slickdeals had the same problem. I hate when the stores are so inconsistent.

mezzona
12-11-2011, 04:42 PM
it looks like it's back in stock online...

eta. no it's not. i cannot believe they make you enter EVERYTHING before they say it's out of stock.

ang79
12-11-2011, 05:12 PM
it looks like it's back in stock online...

Nope, I just tried to get 2 and it said out of stock.

PAfirsttimemom
12-11-2011, 05:14 PM

I hate that they make you cut up the actual box. I bought my mom a gift for Christmas on a rebate deal and had to cut a hole in the item box. It's my mom, so I know she won't mind, but still...

mypa
12-11-2011, 05:16 PM
Ugh. Hope he got the price match. It should definitely be 14.99 before rebate. Some people on Slickdeals had the same problem. I hate when the stores are so inconsistent.

Nope, they refused to price match. In fact there were several people there who drove from far away and they were also arguing w/the manager about the price discrepancy. The only thing they did was discount $3.75 since it was a display and missing the injector and manual.

I had DH buy it but I printed out the online price and will go to another Kohls and see if they will price adjust for me.

This really sucks as it took quite a bit of time to do this and DH was doing this for me as a favor on his way to meet up w/friends.

I just tried online, too and it would let me finish the order.

melonkelli
12-11-2011, 05:18 PM
Nope, I just tried to get 2 and it said out of stock.

Me too. So annoying that you have to go through the entire checkout process before they tell you it's out of stock.

mypa
12-11-2011, 05:23 PM
I hate that they make you cut up the actual box. I bought my mom a gift for Christmas on a rebate deal and had to cut a hole in the item box. It's my mom, so I know she won't mind, but still...

FYI, I did a rebate like this for a portable DVD player and when the player died 2mo. later I could not return it because it had no UPC.

PAfirsttimemom
12-11-2011, 05:23 PM
Me too. So annoying that you have to go through the entire checkout process before they tell you it's out of stock.

Now it is showing item unavailable.

MichelleRC
12-11-2011, 05:32 PM
I got the last one in my store. I checked the price at one of the kiosks and it said $14.99. When I went to check out, it came up at $24.99, the cashier tried to tell me that was the pre-rebate price so I sent him over the kiosk, LOL!
Another gift crossed off the list, yay!

PAfirsttimemom
12-11-2011, 05:41 PM
FYI, I did a rebate like this for a portable DVD player and when the player died 2mo. later I could not return it because it had no UPC.

Yeah, it is a bit of a risk. I was willing to take it since this is my mom. It's also not a really big ticket item.

MMMommy
12-11-2011, 05:55 PM
I encountered the same pricing discrepancy just now at Kohls. Mine rang up as $24.99. The cashier was nice enough to honor the $14.99 price when I showed her the link on my phone. The rebate printed out automatically with my receipt.

zukeypur
12-11-2011, 06:33 PM
Mine had tons left and no signage. It rang up $27 and she price adjusted to $14.99 without having to see my phone even!

poohbear
12-11-2011, 06:42 PM
I got the last one in my store. I checked the price at one of the kiosks and it said $14.99. When I went to check out, it came up at $24.99, the cashier tried to tell me that was the pre-rebate price so I sent him over the kiosk, LOL!
Another gift crossed off the list, yay!

I was in the store and it rang up as $24.99. They wouldn't override it (and the housewares was super far away and they had a long line) so I just left it there ;)

dec756
12-11-2011, 07:06 PM
got one earlier, going back for 2 more as soon as i can get a minute. its two rebates per househould :)

mypa
12-11-2011, 09:04 PM
DH went to another store with the receipt and showed the online price on his phone and they easily adjusted the price from 24.99 to 14.99 no problem.

Mom of XX&XY
12-11-2011, 09:22 PM
Funny it was different. My store had it at 14.99. Scanned through just fine. Rebate states this is only good today and tomorrow FYI.

AbbysMom
12-11-2011, 09:56 PM
Did we ever figure out if the rebate will work if you ordered online? I hope so!

Green22
12-11-2011, 10:02 PM
My Kohls wouldn't honor the price either - asked about it in store when it rang up as 24.99, and then called customer service when I got home. I really hate when that happens, it makes me angry I wasted my time (angry at the store, not at anyone who tried to pass on the deal).

Now just considering if I want it for $10. It is probably worth it, but I'm a little irritated. Between this and snapfish, I think I have had my share of "customer service" this year.

ang79
12-11-2011, 11:03 PM
Grrr.....printed out the sale price, took it to my Kohls and found tons of them marked at $24.99. Asked the guy at the returns desk (since I had to make a return) if they would price adjust, he says the online price was showing it after rebate and when I tried to explain that wasn't possible, he said he couldn't adjust it, so I left it there. Would have tried it at the normal checkout line with a cashier, but didn't have time. Oh well, I got my good luck at Target when they let me use a $10 off coupon from a large purchase I did yesterday, so I'll try to be happy with that :)

cindyhsu
12-11-2011, 11:11 PM
My Kohls wouldn't honor the price either - asked about it in store when it rang up as 24.99, and then called customer service when I got home. I really hate when that happens, it makes me angry I wasted my time (angry at the store, not at anyone who tried to pass on the deal).

Now just considering if I want it for $10. It is probably worth it, but I'm a little irritated. Between this and snapfish, I think I have had my share of "customer service" this year.
Ha! I thought I would be the only one who didn't pay $2! I got the last one from the store and the price was $24.99. The lady told me it's impossible for Kohl's to change the price within a day, so that must be $24.99 even from in the morning and the $14.99 price must be after rebate price. I decided to bite the bullet since it's only $10 and could be a fun toy for kids. I also have had enough "customer service" experience for the last couple of days. Don't feel like to deal with them.

Twin Mom
12-11-2011, 11:12 PM
When I bought mine the cashier told me there was another lady who bought 2 for $24.99 each. Not sure if they wouldn't give her the sale price or she didn't know.

randomkid
12-12-2011, 01:45 AM
Dang it! I need to check this forum more often this time of year! This would be perfect for DSD2. Even if I can only get it for $14.99, I'm going to get one for her.

FYI - in the Sunday ad, it has the Cake Pop Maker advertised as on sale in store for $24.99 and says "$14.99 AFTER $10 mail-in rebate". I wonder if the online price was a mistake.

Off to Kohl's tomorrow and looking for a coupon since the 20% off pass expired Sunday.

MMMommy
12-12-2011, 02:43 AM
Dang it! I need to check this forum more often this time of year! This would be perfect for DSD2. Even if I can only get it for $14.99, I'm going to get one for her.

FYI - in the Sunday ad, it has the Cake Pop Maker advertised as on sale in store for $24.99 and says "$14.99 AFTER $10 mail-in rebate". I wonder if the online price was a mistake.

Off to Kohl's tomorrow and looking for a coupon since the 20% off pass expired Sunday.

Do you you think Kohls might not honor the $10 rebate if we purchased it at the 20% off $14.99 price in-store? The cashier adjusted the price from $24.99 to $14.99 for the two I bought. And now I am wondering if they will reject the rebate submissions. I sure hope not, especially after cutting out the UPCs on the boxes! Can't return them now. Hope the rebates are honored.

cindyhsu
12-12-2011, 11:48 AM
I couldn't find the cooling rack and cake pop sticks in my package. The sticks are not important but he cooling rack seems useful. Does anyone open the package and check?

MMMommy
12-12-2011, 12:21 PM
I couldn't find the cooling rack and cake pop sticks in my package. The sticks are not important but he cooling rack seems useful. Does anyone open the package and check?

I just opened mine up to check. My box had the cakepop maker, the cooking rack (white thing that looks like it can hold eggs), the fork prong, sticks, and plastic injector.

mypa
12-12-2011, 02:15 PM
So I decided to try out this pop maker before mailing off the rebate (mine was a display, no instruction manual) I used a packaged cake mix, making about half w/ 1 egg, dash of oil and some water. The first few batches were a disaster, making half planets w/conneting rings. Next, I made the batter thicker, still the same problem. Then, I added some baking powder, turned out better. Finally, when I did not overfill the cups....turned out almost perfect! The bottom is darker than the top but at least I got little balls!

It's a bit messy to fill so I'm hoping the W-S pancake pen that I just ordered (mentioned in another thread) will help. The little fork thing is very useful and I was surprised that nothing was sticking to the machine.

My main reason for getting this was to make quick and easy versions of cakes/muffins with out having to heat the big oven and deal w/ cleanup. I give it a thumbs up!

For those who didn't get the $1.99 deal (after rebate), I still think it's worth it for $10. Heck, I think I'd buy it at $15.

Thanks to the OP! I never would've even tried this out if it wasn't for you. Next time my kids want muffin or cake I can quickly make a batch.

Momit
12-12-2011, 02:21 PM
Mypa, thanks for the info on all of your experiments! I was planning to figure out how to use regular cake mix. I had just bought this on Friday for $24.99! So I ordered one online and returned the $24.99 one. I hope to get the rebate but I agree, $12 or $15 is still good. Much easier than cupcakes for a class treat or party!

mypa
12-12-2011, 02:28 PM
Another thing I really like is that it makes little bite size balls. I hate how w/ regular muffins the kids make a huge mess of crumbs all over themselves and the floor. I make them eat it outside and don't make them very often.

Now, with the balls there is zero mess! Yay!

MomtoNico
12-12-2011, 09:26 PM
SD suggested to try again so I did and was able to check out.

beth239
12-12-2011, 10:37 PM
I wasn't able to get it online so tried to get them to price match in the store. They wouldn't. After the rebate I will get it for $15. I am happy with the price. I think I will get my money worth.

ang79
12-12-2011, 11:08 PM

I tried like 3 or 4 times last night and kept getting the sold out notice, but just tried again and the order seems to have gone through, thanks! I was only able to do it because I still had it in my shopping cart from yesterday though, as the link in the OP shows sold out.

sewarsh
12-12-2011, 11:19 PM

Thanks for the tip! I just placed an order and it worked (10:18pm EST), however the code SECRETSANTA did not work (20% off).

So with free ship thanks to XMASFREE code, i paid $15.80.
Of course forgot Ebates.

NOTE: IN ORDER TO DO THE REBATE YOU HAVE TO BUY BY TONIGHT!! 12/12.

ang79
12-12-2011, 11:27 PM
This code worked for me for 20% off: CC20DEC12

Not sure if its a card holder only code, as I have a card.

Is anyone able to link to it still where it doesn't show sold out? Or are you just able to get it if it was still in your shopping cart? I'm kicking myself for not ordering these for a friend or two.....

sewarsh
12-12-2011, 11:34 PM
This code worked for me for 20% off: CC20DEC12

Not sure if its a card holder only code, as I have a card.

Is anyone able to link to it still where it doesn't show sold out? Or are you just able to get it if it was still in your shopping cart? I'm kicking myself for not ordering these for a friend or two.....

Oh well, thanks anyways...not worth calling about. don't want to screw up rebate.
I tried first to do a search and it didn't come up.
I went to my shopping bag and it was still there.

chlobo
12-12-2011, 11:36 PM
Shoot. Our Kohls had it for $24.99. DH said they wouldn't price match but I don't think he actually tried. He said they had tons so watch for the fire sale. lol.

: ) Carren

stillplayswithbarbies
12-13-2011, 02:15 AM
my Kohls has tons of them too and they rang up at $14.99. My lucky day!

the cashier did say they have sold a lot of them today and I told her it's because after rebate it is nearly free. She seemed confused by that . . .

Suebell
12-13-2011, 01:52 PM
24.99 online and in the store I visited today. A BIG thank you to the OP and to the folks who said to try again. Late last night I was able to check out w/the one I had in my online cart so I got 1 on sale and should be able to send in the rebate!

ang79
12-23-2011, 10:34 AM
I finally got around to opening my cake pop maker that came about a week ago! I'm thinking I might try it out this weekend before I clip out the code on the bottom to send for the rebate, wanna make sure everything works OK! Does anyone have any tips or recipes I should try? I picked up some Betty Crocker muffin mixes that I thought might be good to try in it (blueberry and triple berry).

zukeypur
12-23-2011, 10:54 AM
I just used the vanilla recipe in the book that comes with it, and then I added a little cocoa and red food coloring after I had cooked about 1/2 of the vanilla to make red velvet. Everyone here thought they were great, even DH. It was super easy to use and super easy to clean up. And I didn't even mess with icing them because they liked them without icing. Absolutely worth $2!

TamiRuns
12-23-2011, 10:59 AM
I used the "funfetti" cake mix and they turned out cute and yummy! The easy part is making the balls/pops - the challenging part is decorating them! We liked them plain.

I'm thinking of trying a brownie mix....I'll report back if I do.

zukeypur
12-23-2011, 11:14 AM
Oh yum!!!! Please let us know!

Mim
12-23-2011, 11:39 AM
They were a HUGE HIT with the kids!!!

Actually making the pops were sooo easy. Use the tip in the booklet to dispense them via a ziplock bag with tip cut.

The time consuming bit is if you want to frost them. I used the recipe in the book for chocolate and vanilla...microwave store-bought ready-made frosting with chocolate or vanilla chips. Worked great once you get the hang of it...and following the booklet tips was pretty important to get it to work quickly and easily (freezer for ~15min before dipping in frosting, dip stick in frosting before spearing the ball). Our vanilla cake mix (Trader Joes) was not as "dense" as our chocolate cake mix (organics), and it was harder to keep the the ball firmly on the stick during dipping in frosting. Choose a mix (or maybe use their recipes?) that says dense cake rather than light and fluffy cake, that is my biggest tip if doing the frosting. 15min in the freezer before dipping improved the "stiffness" for dipping. We then rolled in colored jimmies. Also, practice on a dumpy ball before starting with a perfect ball!

That said, with 6yo DD "helping" and using 2 diff cake mixes and 2 diff frosting mixes, we made >50 picture perfect cakepops (and lost of leftover less than ideal one) first time out of the box...including the freezer time and cleanup...in 2hrs. I'd say 90mins of that is related to the frosting!

DD reports that everyone LOVED the pops. Each child ate 2 for a in-classroom bday snack! :) My favorite part was telling people that I paid $2.99 shipped for the cakepop maker!!!!!! :)

-Mim

ang79
12-23-2011, 11:44 AM
For those who have already sent in their rebate forms, please report back when you get your rebate! I'm curious to see if it actually works, since so many of the Kohls employees were not allowing the price match in store.

calv
12-23-2011, 11:47 AM
awesome reviews. this is wrapped and ready for the kids. I can't wait til xmas morning to make stuff.

what else should we buy at the supermarket today? YUM!!!!

Tinkerbell313
12-23-2011, 12:35 PM
I used Betty Crocker cake mix with no problem.

Also, for those who have the Williams Sonoma Pancake Pen...that is what I used to fill the cake pop maker. The directions for the maker say one tablespoon and no more. I found that one squeeze of the WS pancake pen brought me just to the top of the cavity and they did not overflow. Perfect!!

When I ordered mine I called in and only paid 10.19 (including tax) each with free shipping. I had used the 20% code floating around plus I got an extra 5% for using my Kohls card. I think the CS agent was tired of getting yelled at from other customers and enjoyed hearing a happy voice!!

Now I just need to mail in the rebate to get the $20 ($10 for each) back. Not bad for 19 cents each!!

MomtoNico
12-23-2011, 12:38 PM
Cant wait to make them. Where do you get more lollipop sticks? Thanks

Tinkerbell313
12-23-2011, 01:36 PM
Cant wait to make them. Where do you get more lollipop sticks? Thanks

There are 75 included with the Cake Pop Maker. You can also buy them at Michaels or other store similar to that.

MomtoNico
12-23-2011, 01:50 PM
Thanks!!

Tinkerbell313
12-23-2011, 02:16 PM
I forgot to mention this before...not sure what other moms are doing...I am not creative...but it comes with a holder to hold 12 decorated cake pops while the decorations dry.

But if you are making tons, you may want to get some styrofoam...the same kind they use for flower arrangements. That way, you can stick the sticks in there while the decorations dry.

MMMommy
01-14-2012, 02:47 PM
Just checking in to see if anyone has actually received their rebate yet. I know it probably takes time, but thought I would ask. Since there were price discrepancies, I'm worried that it was a pricing error (and meant to be $14.99 after rebate) and wonder if my rebate submission for two of the cake pop makers will be rejected. Hope not!

Momit
01-14-2012, 03:08 PM
Not yet, but we are just starting to receive a bunch of rebates from Black Friday (not from Kohls but timing is probably similar). I am not worried yet. Plus they do usually send you a letter if they deny the rebate, so I think no news is good news!

TamiRuns
01-15-2012, 08:22 AM
Didn't receive mine yet either...

Tinkerbell313
01-15-2012, 09:17 AM
I have not (but I just sent mine in at the beginning of January). It does say to allow 6 to 8 weeks and my experience with Kohls's rebates have been just that...they take a long time.

Also, you can check the status with the contact information on the rebate form.

Momit
01-24-2012, 08:39 AM
I received my rebate yesterday. Hope everyone else gets theirs soon!

MMMommy
01-24-2012, 11:01 AM
I received my rebate yesterday. Hope everyone else gets theirs soon!

Good to know! Thanks!

Did you buy one or two makers? Wondering if they issue one larger check if you bought two versus two separate rebate checks.

ang79
01-24-2012, 11:52 AM
Glad to see that the rebates are coming through! I sent mine in late so probably won't get it for awhile.

I've been using the Betty Crocker mixes in mine. So easy and each pack makes about 3 batches in the cake maker. My girls loved the Blueberry and Triple Berry muffin mixes, but the biggest hit was the cornbread that I made over the weekend to go with chilli. My inlaws and hubby even complimented me on them and my girls asked when they can make more :)

AbbysMom
01-24-2012, 11:56 AM
Oh man I need to figure this thing out. I made cake pops for my DD's birthday using the recipe in the booklet and I decorated them with a bunch of 5 year olds. They tasted good but what a messy disaster. I had pictured sending some decorated ones home but scrapped that quickly!

How did you do the cornbread? From a package?

emilykate
01-24-2012, 12:22 PM

I want to know that too! It's such a smart idea!

ang79
01-24-2012, 12:33 PM
Oh man I need to figure this thing out. I made cake pops for my DD's birthday using the recipe in the booklet and I decorated them with a bunch of 5 year olds. They tasted good but what a messy disaster. I had pictured sending some decorated ones home but scrapped that quickly!

These are the mixes I used for the berry muffins and the cornbread:
http://www.bettycrocker.com/products/muffins/products/betty-crocker-pouch

You just add water to the berry muffin mixes. The cornbread one took butter and an egg I think. I realize that these are probably not as healthy or as cheap as making from scratch, but its so darn quick and easy! And the amount of mix is just right to make about 3 batches, which is a good amount for us. Though the cornbread was all devoured pretty fast and I'm sure if I'd made more it would have been eaten too! I love that they are bit size though, my girls can pop a whole one in their mouths so no crumbs, unlike traditional muffins, breads and cupcakes!

Oh, I baked the above mixes for about 3 min. or slightly over, not the 4 min. that is recommended in the booklet.

How are you ladies filling the little holes? I saw a rec. for a pancake pen and thought that would be handy. I tried the ziplock bag w/ a corner snipped off but it was still messy and seemed to waste some of the batter, so far now I just drizzle about a tablespoon of batter very carefully into each hole, so it is a little time consuming.

Momit
01-24-2012, 12:43 PM
Good to know! Thanks!

Did you buy one or two makers? Wondering if they issue one larger check if you bought two versus two separate rebate checks.

I only bought one. Wish I had gotten a second!

mjrwe
01-24-2012, 01:05 PM
I got 1 check but sent in 2 rebates at the same time. Hmmm. Hope I get the second!

The history was complicated - I bought 2 makers - one from online @ $14.99 and one in store where they price adjusted my transaction (so the maker shows up as $24.99 with a transaction coupon for $10 and the $5 I had from signing up for emails) I'm hoping they are just processing separately and didn't actually deny the online $14.99 purchase one!

Momit
01-24-2012, 01:42 PM
I got 1 check but sent in 2 rebates at the same time. Hmmm. Hope I get the second!

The history was complicated - I bought 2 makers - one from online @ $14.99 and one in store where they price adjusted my transaction (so the maker shows up as $24.99 with a transaction coupon for $10 and the $5 I had from signing up for emails) I'm hoping they are just processing separately and didn't actually deny the online $14.99 purchase one!

I bought mine online for $14.99 and got the rebate.

MomtoNico
01-24-2012, 02:31 PM
Anyone having luck frosting the pops. If so how. Thanks

Tinkerbell313
01-24-2012, 02:39 PM
How are you ladies filling the little holes? I saw a rec. for a pancake pen and thought that would be handy. I tried the ziplock bag w/ a corner snipped off but it was still messy and seemed to waste some of the batter, so far now I just drizzle about a tablespoon of batter very carefully into each hole, so it is a little time consuming.

I use the WS Pancake Pen which I got on sale for $4.95 around the same time the Cake Pop maker was on sale.

The Pancake Pen works great...it is quick and simple. I fill it with the cake batter and just do a squeeze per cake pop cavity (just right below the top of the cavity). Quick and painless...no mess.

Momit
01-24-2012, 06:39 PM

I haven't tried but it seems like you need something thin that you can dip the pops in rather than regular cake frosting. The mix I bought came with a glaze packet. I have also hear to dip quickly in melted butter then roll in cinnamon sugar.

ang79
01-24-2012, 07:21 PM

I was thinking maybe dip them in melted chocolate (like the discs that you use to make candy), then dipping in sprinkles? I've hard that regular frosting doesn't stick well to them, so I thought a candy coating might work better. Has anyone tried this?

Right now my girls are happy just eating them plain!

zukeypur
01-24-2012, 07:38 PM
I tried dipping them in chocolate but had trouble getting the bottom of the pops covered. I did the sticks first and then the dipping. It might work better to do the dipping first and them the sticks.

Mom of XX&XY
01-24-2012, 08:15 PM
I used the vanilla frosting recipe in the booklet and dipped them while hot and then put the stick in and directly into the freezer for 5 minutes. They tasted like glazed donuts. You could add sprinkles to them too.

turtle12
01-24-2012, 08:40 PM

I am using a medium cookie scoop, its the perfect amount to fill each hole.

zukeypur
01-24-2012, 10:11 PM
I wonder if it would work with pumpkin bread. I think I might try that this week. Or blueberry muffing mix. I think I'll try a few balls and of they don't work I'll just bake the original way. Either way, I'm gaining weight this week.

zukeypur
01-24-2012, 10:13 PM
DD and I just polished off the remainder of our chocolate covered blue ball that we made this past weekend. I made the vanilla cake recipe in the booklet and added a little blue food coloring, then dipped in melted chocolate and rolled them in sprinkles (yuck) for the kids and coconut flakes for me and the hubs. (YUM!)

TamiRuns
01-24-2012, 10:16 PM
I wonder if it would work with pumpkin bread. I think I might try that this week. Or blueberry muffing mix. I think I'll try a few balls and of they don't work I'll just bake the original way. Either way, I'm gaining weight this week.

Please report back if you try either of these....sounds great!

dec756
01-24-2012, 10:44 PM
GOT MY REBATE YESTERDAY!!! really was $2 yipppppppie:cheerleader1:

MMMommy
01-25-2012, 12:30 AM
Got my rebate today. $20 rebate check for the two cake pop makers price adjusted to $12.98 each at the register.

pahahn
01-27-2012, 07:57 AM
Got my rebate! Hope you all are getting yours too!

zukeypur
01-29-2012, 05:58 PM
I just tried this with the Martha White whole grain blueberry muffin mix and they were soooo good!!! If you tossed them in a little glaze they would taste just like blueberry cake donuts, which just happen to be my absolute favorite. :bighand:

MomtoNico
01-29-2012, 08:23 PM
Such a great idea!

Momit
01-29-2012, 08:36 PM
I just tried this with the Martha White whole grain blueberry muffin mix and they were soooo good!!! If you tossed them in a little glaze they would taste just like blueberry cake donuts, which just happen to be my absolute favorite. :bighand:

Definitely going to try this. My DH loves blueberry donuts!

danagee
01-29-2012, 08:56 PM
Got my rebate! Hope you all are getting yours too!

Totally bummed about this one. Kohl's shipped this to me via UPS who handed it off to my local USPS where it sat until last week. I missed the date to submit the rebate. When I called my local post office they told me that packages dropped off by UPS are not their priority. Of course it was dropped off during the busy Holiday shipping season so it must've sat in a far corner somewhere.
I called Kohl's CS but they were absolutely no help whatsover, wasted 40 minutes on the phone w/someone in India.

Now I am on the fence...should I keep or return....I paid just under $13 and got a little back from Ebates....

TamiRuns
01-29-2012, 08:59 PM

Thanks for the update!!! I am definitely making those!!

TamiRuns
01-29-2012, 09:04 PM
Totally bummed about this one. Kohl's shipped this to me via UPS who handed it off to my local USPS where it sat until last week. I missed the date to submit the rebate. When I called my local post office they told me that packages dropped off by UPS are not their priority. Of course it was dropped off during the busy Holiday shipping season so it must've sat in a far corner somewhere.
I called Kohl's CS but they were absolutely no help whatsover, wasted 40 minutes on the phone w/someone in India.

Now I am on the fence...should I keep or return....I paid just under $13 and got a little back from Ebates....

Sorry that happened. I would be really disappointed. And I have no love for our post office - I could see that same scenario happening to me!

I would keep it for $13. I might think twice about paying full price but I think you still got a good deal.

ang79
01-29-2012, 10:16 PM
Sorry that happened. I would be really disappointed. And I have no love for our post office - I could see that same scenario happening to me!

I would keep it for $13. I might think twice about paying full price but I think you still got a good deal.

I agree, I've only used mine about 4 times so far, but each time its been a huge hit and I'm excited to try out different kinds of muffins and cakes with it. I don't know if I'll ever use it to make nice cakeballs for a party (mainly because mine always seem to come out odd shaped!), but for everyday snacks or bread for a meal, its so much easier and quicker to use this than turn on the big oven. I've been using the Betty Crocker muffin mixes that come in the smaller packages, makes the perfect size for one meal with a few left over for the girls to snack on the next day. And they are the perfect size for them to just pop in their mouths so I don't have the mess to clean up that usually comes with eating muffins, cupcakes, or cornbread. I wouldn't pay full price, and I'm really hoping I get my rebate back soon, but even for $13 I think its worth it.

Momit
01-30-2012, 07:53 AM

That's really too bad. I am not a frequent Kohls shopper, but in my limited experience their CS is very good. I mean, they honored rebaetes making this product $2 - many companies would deny the rebate or cancel the order. And they let me use expired Kohls Cash once. I wonder if someone at the store could help you or get the right person on the phone. They should give you a $10 gift card or something equivalent. Still, I would keep for $14 - that's what I planned to do if they denied the rebate.

calv
01-30-2012, 08:02 AM

Never heard of this brand. Sorry for the silly ?, but you can buy the Martha White mix anywhere?

zukeypur
01-30-2012, 11:24 AM
I'm in Texas and its in every grocery store around here. It's in a blue and white package.

TamiRuns
01-30-2012, 02:34 PM
Rebate check showed up today!! yay! :cheerleader1:

keckert
01-30-2012, 04:07 PM
I made 60 cake pops for my daughter's birthday party this weekend and they were a HUGE hit with the girls (and the moms). They weren't the prettiest, but easy to eat...and so cool on a stick! :)

I have 2 moms lined up to borrow the machine from me.

Good idea to use muffin mix! Maybe I'll try that. The whole frosting and decorating took a while, but the actual cooking was so easy and quick.

zukeypur
01-30-2012, 05:03 PM
Any frosting tips? What kind did you use?

glbb35
01-31-2012, 10:40 AM
Yeah, my rebate check showed up today! Can't believe it either! Thanks also, for all the good ideas on pops to make from everyone. There have been some great ideas!

B

DS 03, 06, twins 09 and new baby 7/11

MomtoNico
01-31-2012, 04:17 PM
ANother question. When you are done frosting them - what do you so with them? I would think they would stick together.

azmaple
01-31-2012, 10:16 PM
i just used mine this weekend too. no complaints from anyone! i REALLY cheated with the frosting thing - i used the frosting in a can and just squirted it on! 8*)

MMMommy
01-31-2012, 10:34 PM
ANother question. When you are done frosting them - what do you so with them? I would think they would stick together.

I bought a block of foam at Michaels. You just stick the pops in the foam, which keeps them upright and separated.

These look neat too! http://www.thesmartbaker.com/categories/Cake-Pop-Stands/

MMMommy
02-02-2012, 07:57 PM
Just used my cake pop maker for the first time. Very easy to use and quick. I used strawberry cake mix and added an extra egg. Took about 3 to 4 minutes per batch. The Williams Sonoma Pancake Pen was a lifesaver for filling the holes with batter. Without the pen, I know I would have made a mess. Just put the cake balls in the freezer, and DDs will decorate this weekend. Hope that is ok to do...

Momit
02-02-2012, 08:20 PM
I just tried the Trader Joe's triple berry bran muffin mix. GOOD! And no frosting needed.

If anyone is planning to do these for a party, I would definitely do a batch or two for practice first. It can be a little tricky to get the right amount into each section. This was my second batch and they turned out perfect.

And don't forget to grease/oil the maker!

AbbysMom
02-02-2012, 08:22 PM
Thanks ANG79, I made the cornbread this week. The girls gobbled them up on the sticks! Big hit! Thanks!

ang79
02-02-2012, 10:31 PM
Thanks ANG79, I made the cornbread this week. The girls gobbled them up on the sticks! Big hit! Thanks!

I was surprised at how well they went over at my house too! DH dipped his in honey, which of course the girls had to try as well. When I was at Target last week I asked the girls if they wanted more of the berry muffin mixes to make and they said they just wanted the cornbread!

I saw that Amazon sells the muffin mixes on their subscribe and save, making them slightly cheaper than buying individually at the store. But of course they don't have the cornbread!

novmber
02-03-2012, 12:37 AM
i came back to this thread to whine - but am glad i did since there are more ideas posted for using the cake pop maker

so i bought the cake pop maker after the best deal but still in time for the rebate. i moved my desk/office from upstairs in our house to downstairs - and then i could not find my receipt. would you believe that i found it at 10p on the day the rebate was postmarked. i was so CHEESED. it was sitting right under my monitor in a nice easily accessible spot - like the spot you would put something important like a RECEIPT!!!

anyway - since everything was filled out, after throwing it all in the trash, i stuck a stamp on it and put it in the mail - so I am not really expecting my rebate.

but in other rebate karma - a few weeks ago i discovered a $75 rebate card from Sears that I forgot about - it was expired. I called citibank and they did actually reissue it - I got it yesterday in the mail and am going to use it IMMEDIATELY!

Twin Mom
02-04-2012, 12:44 PM
I made the corn muffins. I guess I am very picky about my corn muffins b/c I didn't like the taste having nothing to do with the babycakes machine.

Am I the only person where the tops of the balls were not as dark in color as the bottoms? Even though they were cooked ok, the color was not very appetizing. The tops almost looked raw even though they weren't. I definitely wouldn't serve them to people b/c they looked funny IMO.

I used a spoon to fill up the machine so of course the bottoms were cooking longer than the tops but I don't know that the pancake pen would have made that much of a difference. What am I doing wrong?

MomtoNico
02-04-2012, 01:14 PM
I think if one of the cake pops is higher than the other all the others dont touch the top so they dont cook as well. Hope that makes sense.

zukeypur
02-04-2012, 01:43 PM
I think the tops are always lighter than the bottoms; mine are and I think I remember reading that in the manual. I guess you could flip them and leave them in the bottom with the lighter side down and the lid up for another minute or two if it bothers you. We either deal with the variance in color or frost them. They are always cooked through though, regardless of the outer color.

Twin Mom
02-04-2012, 03:00 PM
I think the tops are always lighter than the bottoms; mine are and I think I remember reading that in the manual. I guess you could flip them and leave them in the bottom with the lighter side down and the lid up for another minute or two if it bothers you. We either deal with the variance in color or frost them. They are always cooked through though, regardless of the outer color.

I think if one of the cake pops is higher than the other all the others dont touch the top so they dont cook as well. Hope that makes sense.

Thanks ladies. I guess I didn't read through the manual so I didn't realize this was normal. I understand what you mean about touching the top.

MMMommy
02-04-2012, 10:59 PM
Made a second batch today using SuperMoist Devil's Food cake mix. Followed the cake mix instructions (oil, water, 3 eggs) and also added one box of chocolate pudding mix. The batter was definitely thicker and less runny and made better shaped cake balls. With the Devil's Food flavor, there was no discrepancy in color (uneven color) b/c of the brown color. My first batch was SuperMoist Strawberry cake mix, followed the cake mix instructions, but I added an extra egg, no box of pudding mix. That batch was definitely lighter and runnier, and the shape was less ball-like.

novmber
02-05-2012, 02:52 AM
i made cake balls tonight and used a funfetti cake mix - did not make any modifications - worked out great - good consistency. i used my WS pancake pen (Thanks BBB!!)