PDA

View Full Version : Is there any way to get a letter postmarked on a Sunday?

PAfirsttimemom
12-11-2011, 09:40 AM
This is a topic for the bitching post, but being the procrastinator I am, I didn't yet mail a $10 rebate for an item I bought about a month ago--the first Christmas present I purchased, in fact. :banghead:

Anyway, the deadline for postmarking the offer is today. Is there any way I can do this? I wondered about going to a copy and ship place and sending the letter UPS. Does a UPS postmark count? How much would it be to send a UPS letter package? Maybe I could at least come out a couple bucks ahead. If I butter up the post office worker tomorrow could I get her to use Saturday's postmark?

Sigh.

kijip
12-11-2011, 09:45 AM
The post worker can not back date it.

UPS can not take letters, at least that is my understanding.

I would try my luck at mailing it Monday and seeing if the rebate slips through.

This is why I never factor rebates into my decision to buy. If I remember to get them, it is a nice bonus but unusual.

Oh wait, no chance for online redemption? Some rebate forms have a URL buried in the fine print.

doberbrat
12-11-2011, 09:49 AM
see if your town has a local distribution center. I know my mom in FL can mail things on Sunday. And I'm pretty sure Boston has a 24/7 center downtown.

egoldber
12-11-2011, 09:53 AM
:yeahthat:

If you live near a regional distribution center, they are often open on Sunday will handle/postmark mail on that day. But it is sometimes only before a certain time, like noon.

kijip
12-11-2011, 09:55 AM
see if your town has a local distribution center. I know my mom in FL can mail things on Sunday. And I'm pretty sure Boston has a 24/7 center downtown.

Our extended post office hours here have been the victim of post office cuts. We used to have a branch ope till midnight 6 days a week. Now it closes at 6pm. I of course found this out at 11:30pm as I peered in the darkened windows. The USPS website is not forthcoming with information about unusual mail hours either so it is hard to pin down answers when things change. And now they are shrinking further. Daily mail delivery is on it's way out at some point.

cuca_
12-11-2011, 09:56 AM
Check here: https://tools.usps.com/go/POLocatorAction

Where I live there is a post office in the mall that is open on Sunday.

SnuggleBuggles
12-11-2011, 10:05 AM
Can I join the b*tch on rebates? I had a rebate and I knew the date but I missed that the due date was a national holiday. I am sure they do the Sundays and nat'l holiday dates just to screw us over.
Good luck!
Beth

LD92599
12-11-2011, 10:06 AM
Yeah our mall has a post officeand its open sundays. I assume they postmark on sunday as well?

ahisma
12-11-2011, 10:14 AM
You can use PayPal to generate a shipping label, even for a letter. They may give you an option if dating it for Sunday. Google "PayPal shipping link". Then you can track it too:) I do all of my rebates that way.

PAfirsttimemom
12-11-2011, 10:30 AM
Can I join the b*tch on rebates? I had a rebate and I knew the date but I missed that the due date was a national holiday. I am sure they do the Sundays and nat'l holiday dates just to screw us over.
Good luck!
Beth

Seriously. I looked at the date today and said, oh, it's the 12th--no problem. And then I realized it's Sunday! Sneaky rebate-planning bastards.

PAfirsttimemom
12-11-2011, 10:32 AM
You can use PayPal to generate a shipping label, even for a letter. They may give you an option if dating it for Sunday. Google "PayPal shipping link". Then you can track it too:) I do all of my rebates that way.

It looks like the Post Office allows you to print a shipping label online, too, but it still won't be postmarked, right?

Have I now spent enough time on this to make the $10 rebate totally not worth the hassle? :ROTFLMAO:

PAfirsttimemom
12-11-2011, 10:48 AM
:yeahthat:

If you live near a regional distribution center, they are often open on Sunday will handle/postmark mail on that day. But it is sometimes only before a certain time, like noon.

Does anyone know how to find where these regional centers are?

roobee
12-11-2011, 10:55 AM
Seriously. I looked at the date today and said, oh, it's the 12th--no problem. And then I realized it's Sunday! Sneaky rebate-planning bastards.

Today's the 11th - do you need to mail it by the 12th?

PAfirsttimemom
12-11-2011, 11:15 AM
Today's the 11th - do you need to mail it by the 12th?

OMG, Yes! I am fine. I can mail it tomorrow, the 12th. :hysterical:

I have been staying up way too late at night surfing the net and Christmas shopping. I think I am losing it!

Thanks for your help, everyone.

momm
12-11-2011, 11:24 AM

Isn't today the 11th? You can post it tomorrow, correct?

EDIT - Ah, ok never mind. I see your later post. :)

PAfirsttimemom
12-11-2011, 11:27 AM
Isn't today the 11th? You can post it tomorrow, correct?

Yup, see my previous post. I'm a doofus. But happy I didn't miss the deal.

I can't, however, get the two hours of my life back that I wasted fretting about this this morning. ;)

KrisM
12-11-2011, 11:48 AM
Since your b*tch is solved, can I add my own? I need to fight Amazon for a rebate.

I bought golf stuff and could get a Golf Digest subscription or a $10 refund. I mailed in everything the Amazon.com page said to for the refund. It was denied because I didn't send the original packing slip. Amazon.com clearly said 'copy of the confirmation', so I sent a copy. Amazon.com doesn't seem to side with me that it's their fault and I need to try again. They keep telling me I missed the cut off date.