PDA

View Full Version : Teacher Gifts

mmtester
12-11-2011, 11:40 AM
For all those who replied to the thread about "Teacher Gifts in the 10-15 dollar range," THANK YOU! Thank you for putting so much thought into gifts for your children's teachers. As a teacher myself, I feel appreciated even though I am not your child's teacher.

As a teacher, here is my two cents: Anything you take the time to give a teacher, whether it be gift cards, cash, something personalized, candles, body lotions, etc. it is much appreciated on our end! However, the BEST thing that I can get from any students is a personalized note from them, especially when the note is specifically written to me "from the heart." I tend to get more of these as end-of-the-year notes, but they are just as welcomed at Christmas. When we read these notes and find that we have made a difference and touched a heart, THIS IS WHY WE DO WHAT WE DO! We do not do our job in order to get Christmas gifts!

As a parent as well, I usually give a giftcard and personalized stationery. The personalized stationery in the form of sticky notes, notepads, and notecards are both thoughtful and very useful! I received a set of personalized sticky notes my first year of teaching, and these sat on my desk, and I used them almost everyday! I usually watch for a deal on vistaprint or expressionery.com to make these. I actually used both of these sites this year to make the personalized stationery when I found good deals...afterall, I am a bargainmama as well!!

You are all wonderful for putting so much thought into teacher gifts.

SnuggleBuggles
12-11-2011, 11:44 AM
We always do some handwritten note and art. :)

Beth