PDA

View Full Version : Noodles and soup- a problem

SnuggleBuggles
12-11-2011, 05:20 PM
I made some minestrone soup the other day and the leftovers were a let down. The pasta just kept sucking up the broth and there was barely any liquid left when I went to eat it. Should I fish the noodles out before putting it in the fridge? Add more liquid? I don't know how to make it work.

Beth

larig
12-11-2011, 05:29 PM
This won't help you now, but I have a recipe for pasta fagioli and it has you cook the pasta separately, then I just keep them separate. The noodles stay more firm.

lmh2402
12-11-2011, 08:56 PM
This won't help you now, but I have a recipe for pasta fagioli and it has you cook the pasta separately, then I just keep them separate. The noodles stay more firm.

:yeahthat:

we eat A LOT of soup. like at least 3 times a week. and when there is pasta involved, i almost always cook, add it to the bowls, and store it separately. otherwise, you will never have any broth for the leftovers

SnuggleBuggles
12-11-2011, 09:26 PM
That's really good advice- thank you!!

Beth

marie
12-11-2011, 09:37 PM
:yeahthat:

we eat A LOT of soup. like at least 3 times a week. and when there is pasta involved, i almost always cook, add it to the bowls, and store it separately. otherwise, you will never have any broth for the leftovers

:yeahthat: (except we don't eat *that* much soup LOL)

If I'm feeling lazy and cook the pasta in the soup, I add broth the next time I heat it up (or i leave it as it is and tell myself it's now more of a stew then a soup :ROTFLMAO:).

I also keep rice separate - not sure if it matters as much as pasta. . .