PDA

View Full Version : jeans for thick thighs?

Mom to Brandon and 2 cats
12-11-2011, 06:51 PM
Anybody have recommendations for jean brands/styles for those with thicker thighs? All the ones I try are too tight in that area. *sigh* I hate problem spots! :)

lizzywednesday
12-12-2011, 01:40 PM
I have the same problem!

I've been wearing Lane Bryant jeans for the past 4 years and they're great.

If you're not a size 14 (LB's sz. 14 is pretty generous, too), I used to wear ON's loose fit, straight leg style, but IDK what the heck the style is called anymore. (Even at my slimmest, my legs are very heavy.)

WHBM had some a few years ago that were almost perfect as well.

MommytoEliana
12-12-2011, 02:01 PM
I like the Seven 7 jeans that Lane Bryant carries, but they are pricey. The other ones I've found that work right now are ON's Sweetheart jeans. Both work with my big thighs and hips...and the other postpartum areas, too. :-)

Zansu
12-12-2011, 09:40 PM
I've found that trouser cut works well for me. Some companies describe it as wide leg.

LB does not work for me at all. I'm currently wearing Diane Gilman from HSN. I'm tall and plus size and these are the best-fitting jeans I've found ( and I've tried every brand on the market, from $20 to $250)

nfowife
12-12-2011, 10:37 PM
Not sure what size you are. But I'm quite curvy and thigh-heavy and for premium denim I have been loving my new (to me) David Kahn Lauren jeans. They are trendy/current but still perfectly mom- 30+ appropriate and they do not get all stretched out....I can wear them a TON and there's no sag like my cheap jeans do. They are $$$ at nordstrom but I got mine for like $20 on ebay! They run TTS if a bit generous. I am a 12, sometimes 14 and the 12's fit me like a glove.
I wholeheartedly recommend them. I'm 5'3" and the petite is a perfect fit but they are hard to come by, so you might have to get a pair and hem them. I never wore premium denim in my life especially at my size, and decided to take the plunge the cheap way (ebay pre-owned) and wow, what a difference from my cheap jeans. Much better fit and feel.