PDA

View Full Version : Barnes and Noble U Village is closing (Seattle)

kijip
12-12-2011, 04:35 AM
Lots of things on clearance that are not on clearance at other stores and plenty of holiday stuff.

They do not have kids toys there anymore however.

I purchased 5 books for homeschooling and two junior high reading comp kits for $31.

The Northgate location (much smaller, more nook and toy space) will remain open. Last day at u village is 12/31.

larig
12-12-2011, 04:58 AM
I heard it was closing, and it puzzled me. It always seemed like a busy store.

ETA: 2 close friends, now married, met there.

kijip
12-12-2011, 05:09 AM
I heard it was closing, and it puzzled me. It always seemed like a busy store.

ETA: 2 close friends, now married, met there.

BN is not closing it in a store reduction, they apparently could not reach an agreement to renew their lease! Considering that they have anchored that mall since it renewed itself in the mid 1990s, I was shocked. Apparently, the management company thinks they can get more for the space. They are at 100% occupancy so they might be right but that is a huge space that will require a total re-buildout to make it look like something besides a flagship BN store on the inside. I wonder if they played chicken and it went too far or if the management company already has a store interested. I can not imagine they want that space empty very long.

vonfirmath
12-12-2011, 11:19 AM
I am amazed they are leaving too!

kijip
12-12-2011, 03:25 PM
I am amazed they are leaving too!

I didn't realize you had a Seattle connection! Are you from the area or did you live here before? :waving4: