PDA

View Full Version : Frye Veronica Slouch - black or brown?`

khalloc
12-12-2011, 12:02 PM
I really want these boots. I might gift them to myself for Christmas. I have 2 pairs of Fryes already. One is the Paige Tall Riding and the other is the Betty Inside Zip. They are both a grey color. I might want black boots, but I always tend to love dark brown better - what would you get? Would black be more versatile? Or should I go for the dark brown that I love? I'd be buying them online so I cant really see them in person first. Thanks!

Probably getting the extended calf version so i think my only choices are dark brown or black.

eno0609
12-12-2011, 12:13 PM
Since your other two are grey, and you love dark brown, I would get the dark brown. IMO grey kind of serves a similar purpose to black, and you can always get another style of black boots later. I think that the dark brown is a very versatile colour. I have the paige in black (and wish the grey was available here when I got them, because I would have loved those instead). I'm really wanting my Christmas gift to be the Sabrina in grey http://www.amazon.com/FRYE-Womens-Sabrina-14L-Boot/dp/B004GTSVBG

ETA: just looked up the Betty- that is one gorgeous boot!

khalloc
12-12-2011, 12:18 PM
The Betty are pretty kick-ass. I have wide calves thoughe and these ones just barely zip up. I should probably see if I can have them stretched. But the leather is very thin so I am not sure if its possible.

Green_Tea
12-12-2011, 12:27 PM
I may be biased, but I love my Veronica's in dark brown and wear them with black all the time!

khalloc
12-12-2011, 02:59 PM
Ok, now where to get these for the best price? Shoes.com has them in my size but none of the coupon codes seems to work with these Fryes. Zappos has them but I dont think they ever have coupons. Nordstrom might have them.

Onlineshoes.com has them but not in my size.

I need to order the extended calf.

lcarlson90
12-12-2011, 03:17 PM
I just bought the extended calf Veronica's in dark brown on shoes.com a few weeks ago. I used a 25% off coupon and it worked but I might have been an error because most of the coupons exclude Frys.

khalloc
12-12-2011, 03:24 PM
yeah, none of the codes are working on Veronica Slouch. ON Amazon.com you can buy them thru shoes.come and get $25 off, but then I cant do ebates too.

lcarlson90
12-12-2011, 03:41 PM
yeah, none of the codes are working on Veronica Slouch. ON Amazon.com you can buy them thru shoes.come and get $25 off, but then I cant do ebates too.

I used ebates when I bought mine but I never got the e-bates credit. I am not sure if this is a shoes.com issue or what. I sent an email to e-bates about it but I haven't heard back yet.

catpagmo
12-12-2011, 04:54 PM
Piperlime is having 25% off boots, but not sure if they have the kind you want. Also, not sure if the code works on Frye's.

Code - BOOTUP

ETA: Nevermind. Just checked and the code is not valid on Frye's. Sorry!