PDA

View Full Version : Swaddler help!

anonomom
12-12-2011, 08:42 PM
Ok, can't decide if swaddling blankets count as clothes, but here goes:

DS is 3.5 months old and closing in on 17 pounds. He still LOVES to be swaddled, but he has almost outgrown his miracle blanket. We have loved that thing and would buy a larger size of it if we could, but apparently it comes only in one size.

So I'm in the market for a new swaddler. Has anyone tried the Halo Sleepsack one? It looks like it could work. Or do you have recommendations for another one that you like? We really like the blankets with wraps for the baby's arms, so regular blankets would be a last resort.

BabyBearsMom
12-12-2011, 09:00 PM
We hated the Halo one. Dd always ended up with it over her face. We loved the Woombies!

carolinamama
12-12-2011, 09:07 PM
DD is 5 months and still swaddled to sleep. She is in a large Summer Infant fleece swaddle thing right now. It is working well for us and I remember DS2 using it and he was a big baby.

acmom
12-12-2011, 09:21 PM
We used the Summer Infant ones (fleece and cotton) for our 1st and the large size was pretty big if I remember correctly. For our 2nd, we started with those, but he was wiggling one arm free and waking up. So we tried the woombie and really liked it, especially because it seemed to help him transition to sleeping swaddle-free. We used the one that the arms unsnapped and he used it until about 6 months. I know those come in pretty big sizes too - he was still in one of the middle sizes at 6 months.

BabbyO
12-13-2011, 02:03 PM
DS2 won't be swaddled, but DS1 was swaddled until he was almost 9 mo. We used the Summer Infant ones, too. Fleece for winter, Flannel for 1st summer, and cotton for 2nd spring/summer.

They have several sizes.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3726443

I'm not a fan of the Halo ones...thankfully we got them as hand me downs.

mommytoC
12-13-2011, 05:02 PM
We loved the Halo ones (the small fits 0-6m+), but haven't tried the other ones mentioned by PPs.