PDA

View Full Version : Will the M&D shopping cart destroy our floors?

kaitlyns.mom
12-13-2011, 12:13 AM
We moved to a rental last month and we have laminate flooring throughout the house. The flooring is about a year old. We've already scratched it in a few places :( so now I am getting paranoid. I ordered the M&D steel shopping cart for the kids Thanksgiving weekend and now I'm worried it will scratch the floors. Any experience?

katydid1971
12-13-2011, 12:30 AM
We don't have hardwood but I don't think the shopping cart would be bad for your floors as long as you kept it inside. It has very hard plastic wheels.

Multimama
12-13-2011, 12:34 AM
I don't think it would be bad for your floors, but it might be bad for your walls depending on how careful your kid is. It is a metal shopping cart, so it can do a lot of damage.

eno0609
12-13-2011, 12:38 AM
I don't think it would be bad for your floors, but it might be bad for your walls depending on how careful your kid is. It is a metal shopping cart, so it can do a lot of damage.

:yeahthat:
I was just about to say the same thing! If you're kids are anything like our DS, you'll need to watch out for the walls. I've added some homemade bumpers to the front of the cart at the corners (with white packing foam) which seems to help a bit.

kaitlyns.mom
12-13-2011, 01:00 AM
Well, the wall thing will freak me out too. :o I am pretty sure we probably have lead paint under there and every chip that falls makes me want to run in and have the kids tested.