PDA

View Full Version : It happened. 25 weeks. Bedrest.

Sopamanda
12-13-2011, 11:01 AM
UPDATE:

I'm surviving! Bed rest with a 6 year old on Christmas break and no family within half a country is not easy, but things are going well. Still negative on fetal fibronectin tests and we're up to 28 weeks 2 days. Contractions have slowed significantly.

Hope all cookin' mamas are doing well and have survived the holidays!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've been on modified since 18 weeks for a shortened cervix. Thursday the contractions started, Friday went to hospital, was up to 10 pretty good contractions per hour.

Terbutaline calmed them and the fetal fibronectin test was negative (THANK GOD).

Home on strict bedrest.

I never got to that registry. Guess my decision is made for me now. Either buy buy baby or amazon.

GLAD she's still cooking and three months is really not a huge deal in the long run. Also glad my other kiddo is 6 and not 3. Right, mamas?

MamaMolly
12-13-2011, 11:14 AM
Oh man, that stinks! But you seem to be taking it pretty well. Huge hugs to you mama! :kisscheek:

daisymommy
12-13-2011, 11:15 AM
Eee-gads. I am so sorry. I know how not fun that is, from personal experience.
And yes, always think on the bright side! Age 6 is much better than 2, which is what I will be dealing with this time around.

Also remember, you can do an online registry through Babies-R-Us too. Great selection!

Hang in there, chin up, rest and watch lots of Christmas movies :)

mommylamb
12-13-2011, 11:17 AM
Ugh, that stinks. Here's hoping your LO hangs out in there for a while longer.

mctlaw
12-13-2011, 11:23 AM
Ugh! Take care of yourself, mama! Now's a great time to set up your online registry...

Sopamanda
12-13-2011, 11:35 AM
OP, I've had a few days to let it sink in. My sweet husband canceled the leaf service we'd planned on (big yard) and took the day off to rake. He used the money from that to buy me a tv for the bedroom. Free month of netflix and I'm ok (I haven't watched tv since before my 6 year old was born, really...).

So here's what my dad said: "so dontcha think after this one you'd better quit?"

Ugh, thanks. We'd been unable to conceive and had just finished our home study for adoption when I realized I was pregnant. How dumb can some people be?

SkyrMommy
12-13-2011, 12:40 PM
Bleh... some people can be so dense.

:hug: Take care of yourself and stay positive... many P&PTs to you.

Simon
12-13-2011, 12:45 PM
That is rough! I'm sorry your Dad is being so insensitive. The generous side of me says he is just worried about you.

I agree that having a 6yo is so much better than chasing around a toddler or, rather, not chasing one around as you try and rest.

A neg. fFN is great! That should get you through to 27 weeks. Fingers crossed you stay negative! I had my first positive fFN around 27 weeks, then I went back to a series of negatives (whew). Luckily I am still holding on at 33 weeks. Knock wood.

sunshine873
12-13-2011, 04:18 PM
I'm sorry. :( But you really do seem to have a good attitude about it. & your DH gets mega-kudos for the money-saving, TV-buying, lawn-raking venture. :)

I imagine you'll be spending a lot of time here. :) I know I did & I was asking a million questions about baby stuff because I had all the time in the world to research each little item. :) Online registry...here you come!

scrooks
12-13-2011, 04:20 PM
Glad your DH is being great and 6 year olds can handle this type of situation much much better than a toddler for sure! I hope you can find some great tv to relax and watch and keep that baby cooking!!!! Sorry about the dad thing.... Dads are really dumb like that sometimes- they don't get it at all...:duh: ;)

amldaley
12-13-2011, 04:38 PM
Sending lots of good vibes for a full term pregnancy, an easy time of bedrest, and enlightenment for your father!!!!!!

Sopamanda
12-13-2011, 06:07 PM
Thanks for the encouragement. Yes, I'm certain I'll be on here more frequently.

Maybe I'll get lucky and be released to modified bed rest at some point...

OP, you're right about 27 weeks. 28 weeks is the next major hurdle. Doc says that's when the baby can be handicap free.

And there's the motivation I need to suck it up!

Liziz
12-13-2011, 09:59 PM
Good for your for having such a good attitude about the situation! Lots of P&PT that the little one stays put for many more weeks!

alexmommy
12-18-2011, 05:04 PM
:hug: BTDT. On the bright side, now is the time to do all the internet research you want, and as much shopping as you are allowed. You have lots of time to find great deals-we're counting on you! :) Also, catch up on any shows you like, or watch reruns. (I was on bedrest for 16 weeks and watched all the Hogan's Heroes episodes I could find.) My mantra became, "every day [the baby is] inside, is a good day." Other stuff doesn't matter, not in comparison.