PDA

View Full Version : Return of Period?

Sunspot
12-13-2011, 01:37 PM
When did your period come back for you breastfeeding moms? I am having bad bloating - now 6.5 months (kids started solids 6 months.) Could this be period coming back even though I'm still breastfeeding?

stinkyfeet
12-13-2011, 03:30 PM
Mine came back at 9 months for both kids (BF + solids).

Nooknookmom
12-13-2011, 10:51 PM
I went 1.5 years. Yep, it was awesome!! My doc said it wasn't unusual, it's been back a long time now and I didn't miss it at all!

lizzywednesday
12-14-2011, 12:56 PM
I think it varies from person-to-person. There are more than a few mamas on this board whose AF came back within 8 weeks of their babies' births despite breastfeeding exclusively.

My DD was almost 13 months old when mine returned, and she still nurses a little (overnight mostly) so it's not an indefinite amount of time while your baby nurses.

AnnieW625
12-14-2011, 02:36 PM
I think it is hereditary. My mom gots hers back each time at 3 mos. old and breast fed up to year.

With DD1 I got it back when she was 3 mos. old (exactly 4 weeks after I started the mini pill), she had maybe one pumped or formula bottle day (and I would pump the excess feeding) until I weaned her at 4 mos. old. DD2 whom I weaned at just over 3 months and had been on the mini pill for over 2 months by then and I didn't get it back until she was almost 5 months old. Prior to getting pregnant with DD2 I had only had 2 periods since I lost the baby, I had only had two normal cycles since prior to getting pregnant with the baby we lost so I think that is why my system was a tad out of whack even on the mini pill, which had worked like clockwork with DD1.

shoxie
12-14-2011, 02:38 PM
Mine came back at 14mos. with the first two, but I'm at 15mos. with the third kiddo and still nothing...have a feeling it'll come back soon, though!!

roseyloxs
12-14-2011, 04:21 PM
With my first it came back at 10 months when I started cutting back on pumping sessions. For dd it came back after 14 months. I started getting pms symptoms around 11 months though.

Trigglet
12-15-2011, 12:39 AM
I'm at 21 months and still nothing! DS is still BFing several times a day and at night. I'm starting to think about going to see my OB quite soon just to check everything's okay and give me some advice about TTC while still BFing!

As far as I can tell, though, the range of normal is so large that it's really hard to conclude anything at all.

mjs64
12-15-2011, 03:06 AM
7.5 months PP, about a month after I stopped (had to stop, for medical reasons) BFing.