PDA

View Full Version : Halo Big Kids Sleepsack question...

BabyH
12-13-2011, 02:59 PM
DS practically looks like The Incredible Hulk, with his sleepsack almost bursting at the seams. However, DH and I have been SO hesitant to just let him go to bed without it, because we are fearful he will learn to climb out of the crib (which he seems to be close to doing anyway). I'm about to order one of the Big Kids sleepsacks, but now I'm wondering if I should get fleece or mesh. Usually DS sleeps in a tshirt, pj pants and socks, with the sleepsack. Would mesh be too chilly for winter? Or would fleece be way too hot? (Of course, I'd switch him to short pjs if I go with the fleece...) Hmmm....

mommytoC
12-13-2011, 04:57 PM
The mesh ones are polyester mesh, like a basketball jersey. We have one that we use for cooler summer nights, but overall, much prefer the cozy fleece.
Definitely go with fleece!

kevinsmama
12-13-2011, 07:37 PM
We live in the northeast so it gets pretty cold during the winter so we have DS1 sleep in the fleece big kid sack (+ Hanna long johns & mocs underneath). We use the mesh type during the summer.

doberbrat
12-13-2011, 07:53 PM
depends on how cold your house is at night. ours is VERY cold so dd2 wears a fleece sleep sack over fleece pjs and a tshirt.

mommyp
12-13-2011, 09:33 PM
Definitely the fleece. Just so you know, the big kids sleepsacks have feet holes and DD did figure out how to climb out of the crib while wearing it. We still used it in her big girl bed at first because she was so wiggly her blanket was never on her.

BabyH
12-13-2011, 09:53 PM
Thanks for all the replies! I ended up ordering the Cars one (we haven't even seen the movie, but it seemed to be one of the only options on Amazon) and it's sweatshirt material. I figured the mesh would be way too cool for winter. If I don't like the sweatshirt one, I'll return for the fleece one.

Definitely the fleece. Just so you know, the big kids sleepsacks have feet holes and DD did figure out how to climb out of the crib while wearing it. We still used it in her big girl bed at first because she was so wiggly her blanket was never on her.

Oh, dear......(I knew they had feet holes, but I guess I figured it was still too much of a nightgown for a child to get out of the crib in it.....)

kevinsmama
12-14-2011, 09:04 AM
Our DS1 (3YO) has never climbed out of his crib even with his feet out of the Big Kids sleepsack, but I know some people on this board just sew the feet holes shut so it'll remain a true "sack". If you do that, you might want to size up and get the biggest size (4/5T?) so your boy's feet will have plenty of room inside the sack.

lpl47
01-06-2012, 11:21 PM
There are other companies that make larger size sleepsacks without the foot holes - we particularly love GroBags, but had a hard time finding them last spring. Not sure if they're back now. Our house is also very cold in the northeast, so we went with the warmest version but they make 3 different warmth levels.

hoodlims
01-08-2012, 07:28 PM
Fleece! And you can pull down the ones with feet so they are still in the baggie part of the sleepsack.